Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Emergency Response Supervisor
Under the general direction of the Fire Emergency Response and Business Continuity Manager/ Fire safety Specialist performs technical inspections for fire safety purposes, designs and facilitates fire safety programs to the Qatar Foundation Community including youth intervention schemes, and performs related work as required.
Key Result Areas:
• Inspects Qatar Foundation facilities and associated to secure compliance with codes and regulations pertaining to fire safety.
• Makes special miscellaneous inspections (i.e., flammable liquid tanks, pyrotechnic display and other events as required to ensure compliance to local codes
• Monitors commercial, educational and industrial use of hazardous substances through permits and inspections and makes recommendations for handling, storage and disposal.
• Participates in post-fire investigations and analyses as needed.
• Participates in Fire Investigation duty as assigned and responds to the site of emergency incidents, notifies appropriate authorities and coordinates cleanup activities.
• Makes recommendations concerning fire safety for public assemblies.
• Prepares inspection records and technical letters pertaining to recommendations and violations.
• May monitor commercial and industrial use of hazardous substances through permits and inspections, and make recommendations for handling, storage and disposal.
• Performs technical plan checks to determine compliance with fire and building codes as required, but not limited to checking underground fire mains, fire alarm and fire suppression systems.
• Investigates and responds to complaints and requests for information from the public.
• May assume inspection duties in the absence of other prevention officers.
• Gives public presentations on fire safety and fire prevention topics.
• Design and facilitate youth intervention programs from K3 - K12 and.
• Attends meetings.
• Performs related work as required.
• Advises and assists Qatar Foundation for purposes of safeguarding life and property against fire, explosion, and related hazards
• Assists in the development of Qatar Foundation Fire Safety Policy, procedures and process maps
• Assists in the studies of Qatar Foundation assess before and after construction, considering factors, such as fire resistance of construction materials, usage or contents of buildings, water supplies and water delivery, and egress facilities.
• Ensures that inspection, testing, maintenance of fire fighting equipment/appliances and audit of fire prevention systems are carried out and recommendations for improvement are put into operation.
• Recommends materials, equipment, or methods for improvement of conditions conducive to fire prevention.
• Investigates and responds to observations or complaints from the public
• Will respond to emergency calls to assist in departmental operations in areas of particular expertise such as fire investigations
• Carry audit inspections on all Qatar Foundation during and after construction.
• Knowledge of modern fire prevention principles, procedures and methods.
• Presentation and Communication Skills Training Certification.
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience in code enforcement, with at least 5 years at the supervisory level in Emergency Response Services.
• Good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with well developed written and oral English ability.
• Excellent man management and possesses leadership qualities.
• Computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, as statistical databases as applicable principles and procedures of record keeping and basic report preparation
• Working knowledge of the OSHA, and other regulatory or professional standards agencies.
• Demonstrated Project Management skills.
• Perform fire prevention inspections and identify violations of applicable codes and regulations.
• Participate in fire investigations.
• Read and interpret codes, regulations, technical reports and building plans.
• Complete required training in such subjects as post-fire investigations and hazardous materials incidents.
• Prepare and present professional fire safety presentations to civic organizations.
• Learn methods and techniques of research and investigation.
• Prepare and maintain clear, accurate and concise records, correspondence and reports.
• Represent the Qatar Foundation HSSE Directorate in a professional manner and deal effectively with the public to gain their cooperation in resolving problems and concerns.
• Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications as they apply to fire prevention duties and records management systems.
• Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.