Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Employee Assistance Specialist
The job holder will provide professional support to Emirates group staff and their immediate family members. The job holder will provide guidance and advice on a range of different issues and escalate /refer cases which need specialist medical &/or psychological intervention.
The job holder will deliver Employee Assistance Programme Induction Briefs for a multicultural audience within the Emirates Group, to also on an adhoc basis deliver other EAP related presentations. To continually review, develop and design learning programmes to keep information current, all training must align to corporate objectives.
In the role there is a necessity to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on an out of office hours roster coverage, public holidays and weekend alternating with other EAP counsellor for emergencies related to colleagues and their families. Often, the job holder will be required to provide close liaison with other key stakeholders in the organization as well as external authorities
- Professional Expertise : Provide short term confidential support to colleagues and their family members when they may be experiencing difficulties at work or in personal life. Deal with emergencies relating to medical, police/court, and accommodation, non renewal of visa, medical terminations, death.
- Provide Bereavement Support & Assistance with Repatriation of Human Remains:Liaise with parents, family members in the event of an employee death or hospitalization. The support would include coordination of transportation and repatriation of remains overseas or coordination if cremation/burial in UAE.
- Repatriation of Crisis Cases: Provide an escort back to home country for an employee who has been ‘in crises’, once they have been stabilized and are fit to travel. It may be repatriation or accompanying someone having treatment overseas.
- Conflict Resolution : The Job holder will organise a mediation session, coordinate & facilitate a mediation session between all parties.
- Effective Networking with External Authorities : Establish and maintain effective relationships with external authorities (either directly or through Visa services) such as police, prisons, courts, embassies, banks, hospitals and provide assistance to staff and families who find themselves involved with problems relating to these authorities.
- EAP Inductions/Presentations : The job holder will deliver Employee Assistance Inductions for a multicultural audience within the Emirates Group, on an adhoc basis deliver other EA related presentations. To continually review, develop and design learning programmes to keep information current, all training must align to corporate objectives.
- Financial Guidance: provide basic budgeting awareness to colleagues & their family members, who are facing financial difficulties. Encourage them to be truthful & open with the full extent of their debt/loan obligations and work together to try and limit & save costs.
- Out of Hours Coverage : In the role there is a necessity to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Emergency Response Management : to respond as part of the HR ISU to provide support to colleagues & their families in the aftermath of any operational/occupational incident or any life threatening situation affecting the Group. Deploy to various locations around the EK group as required. Keep self fully familiar with CISM refresher training & ISU plans, so prepared in the event of any emergency.
- Curriculum Design & Development : Support the MEAP in conducting learning needs analysis to ensure that all EA programs remain relevant, current and accurate, and that they focus on meeting the EA business needs of the Emirates Group. Research, design and develop effective learning programs to meet international standards.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
- Graduate in the relevant field (social work, psychology, psychotherapy, mental health nursing or counselling) and licensed by the Community Development Authority (CDA).
- It is desirable to be a Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP), this credential is the international standard in employee assistance.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, it is desirable if expertise has been gained in the EAP field.
Experience of working within a large multicultural organisation is desirable.
- The Employee Assistance Programme is a unique environment, the job holder must have the ability to remain resilient and self-motivated to ensure that the nature of the crisis intervention, with its attendant stress and strain, does not negatively impact on own morale.
- Evidence of continued professional development in the area of EAP/counselling/social work is essential.
Demonstrate ability to advise and assist people with personal problems while maintaining confidentiality in a tactful and professional manner. Ability to work independently with different cultures and with people at all levels.
Knowledge of local laws, culture and customs.
- The jobholder should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office core applications, with a high standard of both written and spoken English and a high level of interpersonal skills. The post requires a proven ability to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision, and the application of good analytical, planning and influencing skills.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Airlines/Aviation; Support Services; Consulting Services
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.