Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Engineering Specialist (Metallurgy & Corrosion-Oil&Gas EPC Projects)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To lead a team consisting of engineers and designers in carrying out basic /detailed engineering work for projects assuming responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for costing/procurement in compliance with project specifications/guidelines, quality requirements and work within budgeted man-hours and project schedules.
• Review contract documents and identify requirements and scope of work.
• Review material selection reports, specifications, drawings and other documents.
• Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to Projects/Client.
• Use corrosion calculation software such as ECE-IV and codes/standards such as NACE MR 0175/ISO 15156 to ensure project metallurgical specification.
• Interpret and evaluate reports from corrosion calculations.
• Evaluate materials using process flow diagrams, process design basis, heat-and-mass balance and scope of supply.
• Identify discrepancies and inconsistencies take corrective action where required.
• Monitor the review of interdepartmental documents
• Provide input to the various downstream engineering disciplines for document preparation to vendors for Bid invitations.
• Identify variations between contract and proposal.
• Monitor productivity of engineers and quality of work produced.
• Coordinate on technical issues with other Engineering Disciplines as required. Provide the necessary inputs/data to other disciplines as per the requirements and procedures.
• Provide guidance for performing corrosion calculations and interpretation of metallurgical codes and standards.
• Resolve design irregularities and coordinate on technical issues as required.
• Organize the preparation and issue of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter¬disciplinary Design Checks (IDC's).
• Review and integrate comments and inputs of other engineering discipline into the relevant documents.
• Supervise technical bid evaluations.
• Review vendor drawings and documents.
• Ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications.
• Participate in safety and design review meetings e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model, along with Client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
• Monitor the preparation of all necessary documents up to the final IFC (Issued for Construction) stage
• Administer the preparation of the final "As Built" documents.
• Leadership & Supervision
• Project Management
• Quality Assurance
• Safety Management
• Data Analysis
• Risk Assessment
• 12 to15 Years of Work Experience out of which 10 Years in Oil & GAS EPC Projects.
• A Bachelors Degree in Metallurgy Engineering with good knowledge of other Engineering discipline
- Job Location:
- Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10 Max: 15
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma