Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
English & Arabic Editor
To write, proofread, and copy edit all content produced by ROTA for internal, external and website purposes.
Key Result Areas:
• To ensure the content and terminology of all materials is in accordance with brand guidelines and house style.
• To ensure written materials (press releases, proposals, external correspondence, website content, summaries, white papers) are written in a style appropriate for their audience.
• To work with all teams to ensure that all ROTA’s printed materials are written in a clear style, lacking in jargon and appropriate to their audience.
• To edit and proofread any materials being distributed to an external audience.
• To be an internal advisor to staff developing materials for print.
• To be aware of forthcoming publications and advise staff on both structuring their copy and using an appropriate style.
• To help develop suitable messages for our growing international work.
• To proofread all materials that are destined for print and outdoor usage.
• Keep track of all external publications on ROTA.
• This list of tasks is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time in discussion with the post holder.
A degree in journalism or in the field of communications.
At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience of developing and implementing house style guidance.
Experience of using editing software and promoting good practice in its use within an organization,
Ability to edit text to make it suitable for diverse audiences: families, professionals, supporters, fundraisers, event participants, international and local partners.
Ability and willingness to both set priorities in work and to be flexible to meet demand when necessary.
An excellent standard of written English and Arabic and an impeccable eye for detail.
Experience of working with a wide variety of staff of varying skill and level and guiding them through the necessary process to obtain excellent copy.
Ability to work in an orderly way and to tight deadlines.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.