Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Australian College of Kuwait seeks successful and experienced English Language Instructors to start as early as September 2012, to join its English Language and Foundation Studies Programme. The positions are principally required for the delivery and assessment of English language subjects, and may also include Study Skills, Report Writing, and Personal Development Skills. The positions report to the HOS - English Language and Foundation Studies Programme.
About ACK: The Australian College of Kuwait is a private institution providing tertiary-level education to approximately 2000 students in the State of Kuwait. Programmes at ACK lead to vocational diplomas and bachelor degrees in a number of engineering and business disciplines. As the language of instruction is English, intensive English language programs and foundation studies courses are offered as preparatory studies for selected students prior to entry into the Business and Engineering programs. More information about ACK can be obtained from the webpage: www.ack.edu.kw.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive and no Tax Payable in Kuwait
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
• Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline, preferably in areas of Applied Linguistics, Adult Literacy or TESOL
• Professional certification in teaching English language such as CELTA Grade B or above, TESOL, TEFL or other relevant certification
• Minimum of 5 years relevant adult teaching experience, preferably within a variety of international settings and/or with Arab learners
• Information Technology (IT) skills - Microsoft Office Suite
• Near Native English Proficiency
• Master Degree in relevant discipline, preferably in areas of Applied Linguistics, Adult Literacy or TESOL
• Professional certification in teaching, such as PGCE or QTS (UK)
• Previous experience in teaching business or engineering English
• Native English-Language speaker
Interested applicants should apply by emailing the following documentations to .kw:
• A cover letter summarizing teaching experience;
• A copy of the current CV, including nationality, date of birth (for visa or residency purposes), and
• The names of three referees, one of which should be an academic supervisor.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
The Australian College is a Kuwaiti owned business which uses multi-national management and instructors and operates in partnership with a number of Australian Universities and Technical Institutes to provide world-class vocational education for the first time in Kuwait. .The College operates from a purpose-built campus in Mishref, Kuwait, and attracts students from throughout the Gulf region. It offers a state of the art training facility from which to deliver a wide range of training programs.
ACK curriculum targets training in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Oil & Gas and Aviation) and Business Administration (Marketing, Management and Human Resources Management). It offers a unique model of two year full time Diploma + two year Degree qualification.
A Pre-Foundation Intensive English semester is available for students who need to build their basic English skills. A Foundation Year in Business Management or Engineering is available to prospective student who need to strengthen their existing English skills, build mathematics and science skills, as well as learn valuable study skills to ensure their success in their chosen Diploma program.
The Australian College of Kuwait aims to provide all staff with a happy, safe and inspiring work environment. The warm and friendly atmosphere among the staff at ACK is created by highly experienced staff from a variety of international backgrounds.
To find out more information about the Australian College of Kuwait go to www.ack.edu.kw