Inspects lifting and conveying devices such as elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, and other similar mechanisms to verify conformance to laws and ordinances regulating design, installation, and safe operation by performing the following duties:
• Inspects mechanical and electrical features of elevator installations for conformance to governmental safety orders and regulations concerning standards of design, installation, maintenance, and operation.
• Conducts time tests of elevator's speed.
• Computes allowable loads for elevators and other devices.
• Observes running and drop test of elevators to determine if brakes and safety devices work properly.
• Inspects dumbwaiters, personnel lifts and hoists, platform hoists, inclined railways, aerial tramways, ski lifts, and various amusement rides to determine if safety precautions are observed.
• Recommends corrections for unsafe conditions.
• Seals operating device of unsafe elevators and other equipment.
• Investigates accidents involving elevators and similar lifting devices to determine causes and to develop means of preventing recurrence.
• Inspects equipment damaged by fire and recommends repair.
• Consults with engineers, installers, and owners regarding solution to problems connected with installation, maintenance, and repair of elevating equipment.
• Keeps records and prepares reports of inspections and investigations for use by administrative and legal authorities.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
• English written and speaking.
• Computer literate.
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma