Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Event Support Supervisor
• This position is responsible to cater to the specific activities for supporting major / minor events and other general services and/or facilities for the Department. Incumbent conducts extensive site visits and maintains records; assists in preparation of contracts related to events; approves vouchers for payment etc.
• Plans, organizes and directs the work of a clerical staff performing duties for Department staff. Responsible for establishing goals and priorities of the section.
• Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of contracted staff for the events. The work also includes performance of difficult, technical, complex or specialized office support work.
Key Result Areas:
• Responsible for collating and reviewing accurate data by following procedural best practices and established standards in coordination with the end users.
• Reviews work of the section, ensuring consistency with Department policies and procedures. Responsible for the timely completion of work projects under that section.
• Identify and resolve event related errors by accurately reviewing event input data from the end users.
• Maintains knowledge of Event Management Service Level Agreements.
• Responsible for ensuring the requirements of the event and the clients’ contractual agreements are met to the overall satisfaction of the end user.
• Contributes to the overall quality of the section by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing approved policies and procedures.
• Responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and quarterly deficiencies and violations reports.
• Determine event related requirements, make projections and participate actively in Department held discussions related to the events, monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure funds; ensure compliance with the Foundation policies and procedures.
• Professionally and efficiently resolve client issues in accordance with the established guidelines.
• Recommend solutions for operational problems in work schedules, non-routine service, personnel utilization and non-scheduled works related to the events for execution.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
• Supervise others by assigning/directing work; conducting employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions.
• Determines work schedules and authorizes leaves, ensuring the effective, efficient and timely completion of all work.
• The job is demanding and needs good planning to assess priorities. The incumbent will demonstrate a high degree of initiative in carrying out his own duties and producing reports that will assist the department in formulating cost saving measures. Work is subject to review of his coordinators and supervisors.
• Event management skills and timeline analyses.
• Experience event planning in a higher education environment. Highly organized with an attention to detail. Two years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to follow through with tasks and projects on time and to completion, with little supervision. High energy and creativity. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Demonstrated good use of language, written and verbal, for communicating in person, over the telephone/radio and in written information. Proofreading experience.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.