Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Expansion Interior Designer (x6) | IKEA Dubai Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furniture store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
About the Job:
The Specialist Interior Designer is responsible for the planning and coordination of homes, room settings, vignettes, compacts, studios, launch areas and support/service areas.
This role also works in partnership with the Sales Department in order to execute the store commercial strategies. Other key responsibilities include:
* Ensuring the integrity of the IKEA concept and brand
* Planning and executing displays to efficiently communicate a complete IKEA product range, prices and sales methods
* Supporting the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar
* Maintaining all areas in the store in accordance to IKEA standards
* Following IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* A proven ability to visualise, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
* Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
* A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to utilise illustrative methods of communication
* Strong drafting, space planning, interior and architectural design skills
* Experience and knowledge in designing effective commercial and residential lighting solutions
* Proficiency with design related software programs (AutoCAD), MS Office
* Leadership ability
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Interior design; Retail/Wholesale
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.