• Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and evaluates personnel and operations with respect to company Fire/HSE policy, Fire Prevention activities throughout the establishments of Group companies.
• Coordinates and conducts work area Fire Risk Assessments, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions/Acts.
• Conducts program assessments to identify department program deficiencies.
• Designs, develops and conducts Fire Safety/Prevention Related training programs and prepares Fire Safety Plans for the Company and assists and guides all units in developing their respective Fire Safety Plans.
• Serves as the primary fire cause and origin investigator.
• Establishes policies and procedures in order to enforce the UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice and directives from the Group HSE Manager/Clients /consultants.
• Answers inquiries from contractors, Site Execution Team Members, HSEAs and the general workers.
• Checks site, offices, workshops, fire suppression, fire notification, and specialized plans for compliance with the UAE Fire Code.
• Provides acceptance inspections for sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, fire suppression systems, and other specialized inspections as required by the Fire Code/ Company policy.
• Inspects construction projects/sites, existing structures, and remodel sites for compliance with the UAE Life & Fire Safety Code and other applicable codes. Resolves compliance problems with execution teams.
• Administers the maintenance inspection program, performed by sub-contractors personnel for existing buildings and other as required properties to eliminate fire hazards.
• Responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of yearly Annual Maintenance contracts. Acts as the liaison between the Camp/ Site Execution Team, Purchase Department and Suppliers.
• Responsible for initiating an investigation and report on all malfunctioning and false fire alarms responded to by the Security Services.
• Monitor the non-compliance regarding UAE fire & Life Safety Code and violations and fire hazards.
• Prepares and submits to the HSE Manager the Quarterly Report regarding the Fire Prevention activities for the Period.
• Meets with other HSE officials, Site Safety Committee members, fire wardens/watchers and the workers on various aspects of the Fire Prevention activities.
• Prepares monitors, controls expenditures, and assures compliance with established fiscal policies of the Company’s Fire Prevention budget.
• Provides Fire Safety education related to fire prevention fields to the appropriate numbers of employees.
• Collects, analyzes and maintains data essential for effective Fire Safety programs.
• Assist in other department activities as assigned.
Understanding the Fire Risk Assessment Procedure, Experience of determining solution to hazards and risk identified through inspection and investigation, Specialist Fire Safety Qualification, Training experience, Computer skill, Driving License.
Graduate Engineering in Fire & Safety
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering; Construction
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $1,500 - $2,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- India; Pakistan
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma