• Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and evaluates personnel and operations with respect to company Fire/HSE policy, Fire Prevention activities throughout the establishments of Group companies.
• Coordinates and conducts work area Fire Risk Assessments, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions/Acts.
• Conducts program assessments to identify department program deficiencies.
• Designs, develops and conducts Fire Safety/Prevention Related training programs and prepares Fire Safety Plans for the Company and assists and guides all units in developing their respective Fire Safety Plans.
• Serves as the primary fire cause and origin investigator.
• Establishes policies and procedures in order to enforce the UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice and directives from the Group HSE Manager/Clients /consultants.
• Answers inquiries from contractors, Site Execution Team Members, HSEAs and the general workers.
• Checks site, offices, workshops, fire suppression, fire notification, and specialized plans for compliance with the UAE Fire Code.
• Provides acceptance inspections for sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, fire suppression systems, and other specialized inspections as required by the Fire Code/ Company policy.
• Inspects construction projects/sites, existing structures, and remodel sites for compliance with the UAE Life & Fire Safety Code and other applicable codes. Resolves compliance problems with execution teams.
• Administers the maintenance inspection program, performed by sub-contractors personnel for existing buildings and other as required properties to eliminate fire hazards.
• Responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of yearly Annual Maintenance contracts. Acts as the liaison between the Camp/ Site Execution Team, Purchase Department and Suppliers.
• Responsible for initiating an investigation and report on all malfunctioning and false fire alarms responded to by the Security Services.
• Monitor the non-compliance regarding UAE fire & Life Safety Code and violations and fire hazards.
• Prepares and submits to the HSE Manager the Quarterly Report regarding the Fire Prevention activities for the Period.
• Meets with other HSE officials, Site Safety Committee members, fire wardens/watchers and the workers on various aspects of the Fire Prevention activities.
• Prepares monitors, controls expenditures, and assures compliance with established fiscal policies of the Company’s Fire Prevention budget.
• Provides Fire Safety education related to fire prevention fields to the appropriate numbers of employees.
• Collects, analyzes and maintains data essential for effective Fire Safety programs.
• Assist in other department activities as assigned.
Graduate Engineering in Fire & Safety
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering; Construction
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $1,500 - $2,000
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- India; Pakistan
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma