Perform specialized duty work functions in preparing for and responding to fire/medical emergency calls and in providing general support within the Fire Department. Duties and responsibilities include maintaining readiness for emergency call response; responding to fire, medical, and related emergency calls when dispatched and taking proper action; educating staff and public on fire safety/prevention; and performing Fire Department activities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains vehicles, equipment, tools, and protective clothing in a serviceable ready-response condition.
2. Responds to emergencies as required, suppress fire, and takes precautions to prevent rekindling.
3. At the site of a fire, protect and preserves evidence indicating the cause of the fire.
4. Conducts recurrent proficiency training and OJT.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by the Fire Chief.
6. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
1. Five years fire fighting experience
2. International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) certifications for:
a) Fire Fighter I and II,
b) Driver Operator,
c) HazMat Operations,
d) HazMat Awareness,
e) Driver Operator-Pumper,
f) First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified
3. Valid Driving License
4. Good command of English both written and verbal
5. Must be able to perform and accomplish job related tasks with all fire department tools and equipment (ladders, hoses, power equipment, pumps, small engines)
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required; Associates/Bachelors is preferred"
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location: