Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Key Tasks & Duties:
Supervise the technical aspects of Irrigation system, irrigation planning - medium and short term, designing, purchasing, monitoring, coordinating and instructing allocated staff and contractors to achieve the goals of AWPR.
• Coordinate, supervise and monitor, staff, contractors and suppliers
• Ensure safe working conditions for employees and contractors on site
• Supervise and instruct the Irrigation team
• Monitor & control the entire irrigation system including the underground pipe network, sprinklers, bubblers and drippers, valves, pump stations, controllers and timers.
• Give instruction and guidance to the FM Irrigation Coordinator, Irrigation Technician and Irrigation Operators to enable them to carry out their duties efficiently.
• Carry out repairs where required and report all faults to the Supervisor or line Manager
• Control water usage and limit wastage by means of proper system operation, overspray control and design and emitter choices.
• Manage reservoir levels and take measure to preserve an adequate reserve
• Monitor and ensure proper maintenance of all pump sets
• Operate the irrigation system including valves, check and repair faulty sprinklers, clean blocked nozzles, set up automatic controllers with assistance of subordinates
• Installation and operation of sprinkler, dripper and bubbler
• Pump station, timer and controller operation
• Compile daily and after hour duty schedules
• Hold meetings and training sessions for staff and contractors
• Supervise the application and use of all control systems including but not limited to irrigation controllers, leak detection systems and general maintenance management systems for the day to day operation and delivery of work within the team.
• Prepare a variety of reports for the department line manager
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Horticulture and/or Landscaping/Irrigation disciplines such as BSc or Diploma in a relevant horticultural discipline and/or a diploma or post graduate qualification.
Fluency in English. Project Management & Arabic a recommendation
• 5 to 10 years leadership experience in irrigation and/or Horticulture and/or landscaping/nurseries with a commercial nursery/contractor or municipal/government department as well as extensive practical experience in large scale irrigation on landscape developments, preferably with tropical and/or arid land plant species and under arid conditions
• Knowledge of applicable UAE regulations and procedures in addition to EHS requirements
• Computer literacy
• Microsoft Outlook and Office suites
• Ability to read and interpret layout and landscape plans and quantities.
• Ability to distribute the workforce efficiently to obtain the planned quality and progress.
• Ability to solve workforce, on-site and design issues
• Drivers Licence
- Job Location:
- Al Ain, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Government Sector
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Certification / diploma