Front Desk Shift Leader/ Supervisor
Ensuring that front desk operations runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times.
Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required.
Assume leadership in the absence of front desk manager
Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training.
· Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
· Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
· Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift through out the shift and briefings.
· Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
· Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals. Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
· Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions, amendments and OPERA related matters are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion.
· Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
· Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
· Have a through knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
· Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Guestware and other front office related operational software.
· Run the night operations for the hotel, ensure proper closing of the day and delivery of the reports.
· Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
· Assuring that all front office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
· Supervise compliance of FO Receptionists in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
· Adequate experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department minimum 2 years within a 5 star hotel chain.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
· Problem Solving and Complain Handling
· Development, Coaching and Training skills
· Multi Tasking
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Opera/Marsha/IMS/Guestware/Microsoft office and other systems knowledge
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai is set to become a landmark hotel in one of the region’s most desirable destinations. The hotel will open with 804 bedrooms and rise to 1608 rooms the hotel will include 9 restaurants and 5 lounges offering a wide variety of culinary delights for our guests. JW Marriott is the luxury hotel brand that provides an environment of simple elegance where they feel welcome and free to be themselves. Together, we orchestrate an experience that is expertly edited to leave only what is truly desired. The JW experience authentically reflects each property's surroundings, imparts a sense of harmony and wellness and delivers lasting memories. All so our guests can indulge in the ultimate luxury...the time to think and freedom to focus. The Marquis endorsement is reserved for iconic properties in the Marriott International portfolio, defined by their scale, grandeur and location. The new JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai will be the first JW Marriott Marquis branded property outside of North America (after the JW Marriott Marquis Miami). Success of the property will be heavily reliant on the creative input, and talented, experienced individuals, who have the ability to work as a highly organised world class, team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an exceptional property, located in one of the youngest and most dynamic markets in the World.