The incumbent in the position is responsible for leading and managing all sections of the Front Office Department in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Kempinski Standards. He/she is also responsible for up selling rooms to maximize the room revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads the Front Office Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives.
• Directs front office operations such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
• Develops implements and continually reviews the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
• Selects, trains, develops, schedules and manages the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of front office operations.
• Coordinates front office duties with various departments such as Executive Office, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing, Engineering and Security to ensure that all guests are given friendly and caring service from their arrival until their departure according to Kempinski Standards in a safe and secure environment.
• Verifies that all information requested by the local police authorities are prepared accurately and being delivered in a timely manner.
• Approves the training plan for all front office sections and follows up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
• Prepares the annual budget and manning guide together with the EAM and manages the Front Office Department within budgetary guidelines.
• Keeps abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all front office staff are able to answer guest requests and questions.
• Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
• Makes decision regarding overbooking the hotel with the EAM / DOSM.
• Keep senior management informed of any risk of opportunity in relation to the
• .Maximizes hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, up selling to Executive & Royal suites , increasing the late charge policy and maximize REVPAR.
• Maintains high visibility during peak period in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promotes good public relations, takes corrective actions and handles customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
• Greets VIP guests upon their arrival and escorts them to their room. Establishes good rapport and offers assistance for the length of their stay.
pre-set performance figures and costumer reactions towards the hotel.
• Adhere to company credit policies to insure all revenue expected will be received.
• Monitor competitor performance both past and future to ensure correct selling strategies are applied.
• To build and maintain relationship with Front Office in competitive hotels.
• To coordinate with the Information Technology Manager concerning daily issues, configuration, reporting … etc. and to keep the computer and communication systems up to date.
• To co-ordinate with the Director of Human Resources and the Training Manager on personnel and training issues.
• Make planning for the F.O. staff annual leave and duty schedule.
• To monitor the materials cost of the department.
• Comply with the fire, safety and evacuation procedures as required by the Hotel Fire Policy.
• Comply with hotel standards in relation to hygiene and personal presentation.
• Comply with the hotel’s health, safety and hygiene policy.
• Attend any training sessions or meetings as advised by the Manager.
• Any other duties that may be requested by the Executive Asst. Manager.
3 to 5 years experience in a front office senior management position, preferably in a five star international hotel
• COMPETENCIES :
• Building teamwork
• Developing others
• Motivating others
• Planning/ Organization
• Problem solving & Decision making
TASK ACHIEVEMENT :
• Adaptability/ Flexibility
• Concern for quality
• Managing performance
• Results oriented
• Teamwork/ Cooperation
• Cross cultural sensitivity
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer service orientation
• Listening and Oral Skills
• Written skills
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES :
• Knowledge of Up Selling techniques
• Knowledge of maximizing revenues
• INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Friendly and caring.
• Analytical thinking
• Stress Management
• OTHER SKILLS LANGUAGE, COMPUTERS,…):
• Fluency in local language
• Fluency in English
• Knowledge of a third language preferable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficiency of Opera
Hospitality Management Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any related field such as Administration
- Job Location:
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Our vision at Kempinski Hotels: It's all about people! One Strategy, One Team, One Culture… Our culture is driven by integrity and cultural diversity, where open communication is encouraged and where we treat each other with respect. Our people are professional, team-oriented and passionate about striving for excellence and creativity in all that we do! Our management philosophy is to promote performance and an entrepreneurial spirit, and we are focused on developing talent and empowering our people. Our strength lies in respecting each other, each other's cultures and sharing experiences worldwide. Our company is the sum of all our people in all regions. This is why we all share responsibility for and are committed to creating a working environment that is challenging, satisfying and fun, so that we can retain and motivate excellent people – during long term careers with Kempinski. The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea offers three luxurious enclaves set amidst gardens dotted with lagoons, waterfalls and private pools, where ancient olive trees mingle with bamboo palms, providing guests with absolute privacy in a serene and exclusive setting. Designed in affectionate tribute to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea is built with local stone boasting 345 rooms and suites within a stylish Arabesque monument building that weaves clean and simple lines into an Arabian theme. Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea: Millenia of history - Welcome to Ishtar! Hidden away for centuries in the cradle of history and the lowest point on Earth, Kempinski Hotel Ishtar welcomes you to the world's oldest and very first natural spa – The Dead Sea! Come with us as we attempt to pay tribute to this legendary sanctuary