Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
1. Discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
2. Interpreting the business needs and developing a concept to suit the purpose;
3. Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
4. Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
5. Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
6. Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
7. Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
8. Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
9. Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
10. Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
11. Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
12. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
13. Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
14. Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media (particularly design programs such as QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash); Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design, communications or related field or equivalent experience
1. 3-4 years experience in graphics design and video editing.
2. Experience with web site design and updates
3. Experience with social media design and updates
4. Experience working in Dubai and on automotive projects will be an advantage.
Special requirements :
- Practical knowledge of Design software and Microsoft Office and any other relevant software.
- Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Rejection
- Work requires willingness to work on a flexible schedule.
- The role requires excellent listening skills and understanding business needs before making design decisions.
- Works to an agreed brief.
- The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- US$2,000 - $3,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
ZAFCO is the biggest Importers and Exporters of Automotive Tires, Batteries and Lubricants. Since its inception in 1993 and with three facilities in the U.A.E. and offices spread across the globe, we have specialized in providing quality products and related services. ZAFCO's operations extends to more than 65 countries and boasts more than 800 satisfied customers.
ZAFCO's distribution center in Jebel Ali stores more than 1 million passenger care tires - the biggest tire distribution center in the entire Middle East.
The company portfolio of brands includes prestigious names such as DOUBLECOIN, HANKOOK, LINGLONG, MRF, OTANI, ROADSTONE, SIAM TYRE and ZEETEX (ZAFCO's Own Brand).
Worldwide, ZAFCO employs more than 200 qualified and experienced professionals, who share the dream of making ZAFCO the world's finest automotive distributor.
In a move to streamline operations, ZAFCO has upgraded all operations to the SAP platform which has created new openings for the professionals.