Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Hard Landscape Engineer – External Facilities
1) The position plans, schedules and directs the activities related to external facilities for the personnel and contractors engaged in grounds maintenance and makes long-range planning recommendations regarding fiscal needs, construction, maintenance of campus landscaping.
2) Performs tasks concerned with maintaining the appearance and condition of grounds, gardens, walkways and roads at Qatar Foundation assigned External Facilities.
3) Compiles and produces daily, weekly, monthly, reports and other presentations required by the Department.
Key Result Areas:
1) This position is responsible for the supervision of QF External Facilities landscaping work which includes roads and grounds maintenance and repair program. It will entail the supervision of a major contractor.
2) Responsible for the overall roads and grounds landscape maintenance program at Qatar Foundation assigned External Facilities which include any of the following: water treatment, irrigation operation, grounds maintenance, mechanical, electrical systems, grounds structures, roads, walkways, kerb ways and other related minor civil works.
3) Plan and direct the maintenance of roads, parking lots, pedestrian walkways, and develop and implement a preventative maintenance program.
4) Advise on construction and remodelling works, designs, plans for specific projects and co-ordinate with contractors and or project engineers for execution.
5) Prepare and produce Scopes of Works and participate in the bidding process for incoming projects.
6) Plans or assists in the planning of landscaping and other grounds projects by preparing rough sketches and schedules, and estimates of manpower, materials and equipment necessary to accomplish the project.
7) Review contractor’s method statements and monitors performance of activities as required and ensures that the daily work activities are done efficiently.
8) Monitors the status of 'contractor performance evaluations', contractor timesheets, and contract invoices, and contract commitments. Inspect work performed, ensuring proper and timely completion. Highlights discrepancies and variances to his supervisor.
9) Assists in the preparation of project completion certificates and handover documentation.
10) Verifies effectiveness and adequacy of propagating different kinds of plants, soil mixing, fertilization and transplanting to maintain quality of plants in the nursery.
11) Maintains knowledge of safety policies and procedures regarding the proper tools/equipment for land preparation and cultivation such as trimming, cutting, fertilizing and removal of weeds.
12) Generate daily, weekly & monthly report indicating progress or deficiencies in irrigation system, pest control requirements, nursery operation and civil works.
13) Maintains knowledge on the Cultural Growth & Development of different varieties of plants, trees and lawns.
14) Identifies the different plant pest/disease and applied preventive measures such as treatment of insecticides, fungicides and other medicine for plants.
15) Inspects and directs the concerned for any pest/diseases, nutrient deficiency or any biological problems and adoption control measures.
16) Manage landscape maintenance like mowing and edging of lawns, trimming of shrubs and ground covers, weeding and cultivation, pruning of trees, right usage of fertilizer and cleaning of landscape areas.
17) Recommend the purchase of services, supplies, materials and new equipment.
18) Participate in budget preparation and development.
19) Collects and inputs data into the CAFAM system. Produces reports indicating backlog of pending work and materials. Highlights jobs affecting the safety and integrity of the Foundation and its facilities.
20) Reads and reviews project drawings and specifications.
• Diploma in an Agriculture discipline. Good written and oral knowledge of English.
• At least five years grounds maintenance experience, of which 3 years must have included assigning and evaluating the work of grounds maintenance crews/contractors at two or more facilities. Good working knowledge of the methods of horticulture including, irrigation systems, planting, plant material, cultivating and caring for trees, shrubs, flowers and grass areas. Civil maintenance experience and knowledge is desirable.
• English. Proficiency in the use of computers with knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Access.
• Prepares and maintains various records/reports, such as Daily/Monthly Activities, Weekly/Monthly Operations Report.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.