Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
A leading Islamic a Bank based in Yemen currently looking for an experienced Head of Internal Audit with extensive experience of Islamic banking operations and Islamic products.
• Conduct integrated internal audits and special reviews to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, compliance, operational & IT internal controls and advisory / consulting engagements.
• Plan and execute banking audit assignments in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF) and prepare formal written reports to management summarizing audit results and solutions to mitigate risk and improve operations
• Accountable for the development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities.
• Implement the Group Internal Auditing policies, procedures, and program.
• Review of accounting procedures.
• Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
• Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and branches for management.
• Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls over financial reporting.
• Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
• Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
• Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered. All assigned audit duties shall be performed in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in banking and/or finance.
- Professional certification (CIA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CFSA).
- Arabic proficiency is MUST, excellent communication skill in English.
- Minimum 10 years of top tier banking experience in Islamic banking environment, with preferable exposure in the Middle East.
- Big 4 background would be preferred.
- Ability to travel (as and when required).
- A person who has the ability to be innovative, focused and prepared to take our audit services to a new level.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Must maintain ethical and moral standards both personally and within the team.
- Strong functional skills, the right blend of Islamic banking experience working as a team leader, technologies knowledge, and experience in implementing best practices.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to think strategically.
- Experience auditing or working in SAP environment is highly desirable.
- High level of operational knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point is desirable.
- Job Location:
- Sanaa, Yemen
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10 Max: 20
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Hayel Saeed Anam (HSA) Group of companies is a progressive multi-business conglomerate with diverse investments in Industrial, Agricultural, Trading and the Services sectors. The activities of the Group are spread across multiple geographies, the more important ones from an operations stand-point being Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Yemen, the UK, Malaysia and Indonesia. With 87 companies under the Group employing approximately 30,000 staff, the Group has a revenue of multibillion USD. In terms of governance, the Group is organized by an overall Family Board, Business Boards as well as Country-level Boards.
A Corporate Services Centre has been set up in the UAE, in the recent past, with the aim of improving corporate efficiency and effectiveness through shared services design of the key corporate support functions like HR; Technical & IT; Internal Audit; Finance; Legal; Corporate Identity and Communication; Marketing and Branding etc. The Group draws benefits from the synergies of the Corporate Services Centre, a first in terms of horizontal integration and line-of-sight across Group wide operations.