Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Head of Merchandising
- Provide overview, leadership and direction to Brand Managers and support functions for all aspects of Business Planning, brand management and merchandising.
- Be accountable for merchandising planning, OTB, forward planning, stock management and maximizing the sales and profit contribution.
- Ensure margin targets are achieved through timely management of OTB (Open To Buy), stock allocation and replenishment, terminal stock management and retail price architecture.
- Champion the brand effectively by ensuring right stock is in the right place at the right time, which leads to maximization of sales and profit margins and achievement of agreed targets.
- Be responsible for implementation and review of agreed promotional activities.
- Build Annual Business Plan to reflect brand positioning.
- Responsible for analyzing, re-forecasting, and reporting the Financial performance of the brand through the monthly presentation of P&L
- Responsible for pricing for all stock within the brand & margin strategy where applicable
- Develop internal & external relationships where necessary to benefit the Business
- Negotiate positioning of brand, including product ranges, development, pricing & competitiveness
- Develop and Maintain relationship between Company & host brand
- Responsible for phasing, allocation, replenishment & promotional stock needs
- Decide financial sales plans & reforecast for new stores
- Agree the planning (including Open To Buy), ordering, allocation & subsequent replenishment based on receipt & distribution of merchandise, building stock for peak trading periods, & mitigating terminal stock
Skills and Experience:
- An instinctive understanding of the young fashion apparel consumer
- Proven ability in managing high frequency fashion flow product
- A strong visual appreciation of the Brand(s) customer proposition and in store experience
- A consistent focus on full price sales and minimised markdown
- A strong brand leader able to champion the brand(s) in all dealings with stakeholders
- Ideally an existing Brand Manager looking to increase his of her area of responsibility or as a minimum Senior Merchandiser of 3 years experience
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.