Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Title: Head of Research and Content, Islamic Finance
To act as the point person and manager of all Islamic finance content and research. This person is responsible for understanding all research projects and developments for Islamic finance. This individual is responsible for the coordination of origination, methodology and implementation of new products as well as to revise existing products and changes in business rules. The position will also be functionally responsible for managing the relationship with and acquiring new research content from several different types of institutions related to Islamic finance, including professional, academic and financial markets communities.
To oversee all research projects for an assigned area. To oversee Islamic finance content and research analysts and assist with issues, resources, and implementation of their work. Is responsible for knowing the inner workings of every research project, issues, written report, and external communication that occurs in a given area. Instructs Senior Analysts on developing new products, give guidance to Analysts, and act as the primary point person for research project sign-off and implementation. Is the final editor and knowledge resource on written research material that leaves the company for branding, sale, or relationship development. Works directly with various business partners in the company on integrated research projects, and new developments into the various business areas like programs or production, to enhance company methodologies that will increase the integrity of the company's information. Functionally responsible for managing the relationship with and acquiring new research content from several different types of institutions related to Islamic finance, including professional, academic and financial markets communities.
- Must understand and have working knowledge of Islamic finance content / research. Critical thinking, intuition, as well as proven project management skills are a must for this position. General interest in financial markets and underlying data is critical for long-term success in the position.
Ability to explain in depth analysis to the un-informed in an interesting, accessible manner. Extensive knowledge of company data, products and services. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to present at all levels. Strong ability to synthesize information from various disciplines is essential. Proven experience within the industry and have worked in the Islamic finance or investment industry working on research, economics, performance, portfolio, distribution and other related subject matter to be in the position. Also, a minimum amount of public speaking and/or media experience is required.
- Specialisation in Islamic Finance gained either throughgraduate studies or through at least five years of related work experience.
- Masters or PhD from a recognised university preferably with concentrations in Islamic Finance.
- Work experience in either research functions for debt or equity capital markets as a research analyst.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and ability to understand cultural norms in the Middle East and Africa region.
- Industry qualifications preferred (CFA, MBA, CMT, Series 7)
- MSc, PhD, MBA, CFA preferred. Doctorate in finance, economics, business administration, mathematics or related field.
- Job Location:
- Manama, Bahrain
- Company Industry:
- Information Technology; Islamic Banking
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 20
- Residence Location:
- Master's degree