Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Health Safety Environment Specialist
To assist in the planning and implementation of the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) programme, which supports Emirates Group Safety Management System (SMS), this ensures the elimination, or minimisation of incidents and accidents, which could result in death or injury to our customers, contractors and staff, plus loss or damage to assets, including aircraft buildings and equipment, by performing audits, inspections, hazard identification and risk assessments and investigations.
To provide management with an expert workplace incident and accident investigation capability; which would result in safety recommendations and remedial actions to reduce risk and compensation paid.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering with a Diploma in Health and Safety Management OR a Degree in Safety, or an allied subject such as Occupational Health & Safety
- Professional Membership - Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, U.K. or other well recogonised OH&S Institution.
- Minimum of 5 years in a safety, health and environment field, in industrial and /or regulatory areas; five years supervisory Health & Safety experience preferred.
- Experience in the airline industry, airports, aircraft manufacturing, petrochemical, manufacturing, engineering or similar field with a major emphasis on Safety and health is essential.
· Health and Safety legislation - in the UAE, and UK, US. EU, ASIA, AUS/NZ
· Airport operations with reference to safety, health and environment issues.
· Workmen compensation and other related legislations.
· International standards and best practice workplace.
· Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
The ability to:
· Develop and implement Health & Safety policies
· Conduct post accident and incident root cause technical investigations
· Write structured technical reports.
· Develop and conduct OH&S and Environment training.
· Develop safety procedures, standards and administrative forms.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Airlines/Aviation; Healthcare, other; Safety/Environment
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.