Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Host - IHOP - Kuwait
For 53 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of March 31, 2011, there were 1,513 IHOP restaurants in 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Kuwait-based M.H. Alshaya Co., WLL has signed a multi-restaurant franchise agreement with IHOP for the development of 40 new IHOP Restaurants in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Egypt. The agreement marks the first major expansion of the IHOP chain outside of North America and represents the largest international development deal in the brand's history.
Alshaya is now looking for those individuals who are highly motivated, ambitious, and results-oriented that can help in launching IHOP in the Middle East. You are the missing ingredient in our recipe for success.
For more information about the band please visit our website:
Greet and seat guests promptly, cheerfully, and courteously. Take guest remittance as required and make every effort to ensure the quality of the guest's dining experience.
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP employees and guests.
- Greet guests as they enter the restaurant (within 30 seconds) and seat them as soon as a table is available.
- Rotate station seating to ensure the quality of guest service.
- May handle guest complaints, inquire about the quality of the dining experience, thank guests, and invite them to return.
- Handle cash in an accurate and responsible manner.
- Take register readings, make interim cash reports, count cash register receipts, and make frequent cash drops according to Company cash-control policies.
- Answer the telephone, take messages, and take and complete all To Go orders.
- Maintain guest checks in numerical order.
- Maintain a waiting list as necessary.
- Check restrooms hourly to ensure proper stock levels and cleanliness.
- Clear, clean, and reset tables and clean chairs, booths, and floors after guests leave.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per IHOP SOP guidelines.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, AssistantManager, or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Customer Service
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.