• Through supervisory skills and by personal attitude and attention to detail, he/she is responsible for promoting a high level of guest satisfaction.
• To maintain a professional appearance by wearing a clean and pressed uniform and the nametag in designated location.
• To maintain regular and effective liaison with other departments.
• Organizes and supervises the daily, weekly and periodical cleaning and general upkeep of those areas for which he/she is responsible.
• To inspect all occupied and non-occupied guest rooms, corridors and service areas for cleanliness and damage in his/her assigned work section.
• Reports damage and fills out work request forms.
• Checks vacant rooms to make sure there are no occupancy discrepancies and reports them to Front Office.
• Checks room attendants’ trolleys to make sure they are stocked adequately and neatly.
• Checks linen closets to make sure they are neat and supplied with linen and guest amenities according to occupancy forecast.
• To ensure that all Room Attendants are following the prescribed cleaning procedure of the hotel.
• Checks and reports all soiled drapes, carpets, furniture and other special housekeeping cleaning needs to the Assistant Housekeeping Manager or Executive Housekeeper.
• To report any guest room or public area items that are missing to the Order taker and Front Office.
• To keep records of status of rooms and housekeeping activities on a daily basis.
• To be constantly aware of the room status, and to obtain maximum vacant rooms for sale.
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates and check their performance.
• To ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all housekeeping equipment.
• To check vacant ready rooms to be released for sale.
• To ensure that the Housekeeping Attendants exercise proper discipline and courtesy in attending to the guest needs and requests.
• To report sick and irregular behaviour of guests and employees immediately to the Executive Housekeeper.
• To check and counter sign all daily reports of the Housekeeping Attendants assigned to him and make sure that their reports are back in the office by the end of their shift.
• To prepare and forward all the following reports to the Housekeeping office: Room Inspection Report, Daily Report on Losses and Breakages and Record of articles borrowed by the guests.
• To check the proper turn down services in the evening is provided to our guests’ satisfaction.
• To record daily activities or problems and follow up work as necessary in the logbook.
• To ensure the smooth operation and efficiency of the assigned areas.
• To study and evaluate the operation procedures and suggest any improvements to the Executive Housekeeper.
• To supervise, co-ordinate, and participate in the cleanliness of the lobby, restaurants, offices, public areas and back of the house.
• To control the consumption of cleaning materials and supervise the adequate stocking of cleaning supplies.
• To send all lost and found items to the Housekeeping department immediately.
• To oversee the maintenance of plants and report any damage to the Executive Housekeeper.
• To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the complete uniform and nametag at all times.
• To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare.
• To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• To assist in the training of the employee, ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
• To supervise the employees within the department ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the departmental operations manual.
• To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's and departments employees rules and regulations.
• Is an ambassador of the company in and outside of the work place
• College degree in Hotel Management or a related field is preferred
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position in a 5-star hospitality company
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Knowledge of basic hotel and residence business operations preferred
• Fluency in English is a must
• Fluency in Arabic or additional language is an asset
• Strong customer service orientation
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Customer Service
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Alfardan Group has earned a reputation for being a leader in the premium lifestyle market. Our reputation for excellence has attracted market leading brands, experienced professionals, and bright graduates who share in our core values and passion for success.
As a large regional conglomerate with premium brands across multiple industry market segments, we are committed to sustaining a high performance organization that consistently provides high quality service and products to our clients. We recognize that by attracting exceptional brands and individuals we can apply our core values that help strengthen and define our business culture.
If you are driven by ambition and desire to be associated with market leading brands within an organization undergoing rapid regional expansion and having displayed a strong track record of providing its’ employees with a superior foundation for building long-term professional careers -- a place where people can learn, achieve, and grow - Then we invite you to apply and make a difference in facilitating our vision of becoming the leading lifestyle goods & services provider in the Middle East…
We are currently accepting applications in the following business units: Real Estate, Hospitality, Spa, Food & Beverage, Motorcycles, Automobiles, Marine, Exchange, Trading, Engineering, Construction Equipment, Buses, Jewelry, and Holdings.
Some of the brands within our growing portfolio include: BMW, Mini Cooper, Land Rover, Ferrari, Maserati, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Piaggio, Vespa, Guera, Triumph, Ducati, KTM, BMW Motorcycles, Corum, Chopard, Harry Winston, Barthelay, Breguet, Gerald Genta, Christian Dior, Franck Muller, Chaumet, Jaquet Droz, Longines, Baume & Mercier, Piaget, Dominator, Dalla Pieta Yachts, Doral, Mercury, Cruisers Yachts, Riva, St. Regis, Scania, Volvo, Spa Chakra and Bice.