Perform supervisory duties in the care, cleaning, and general housekeeping of the hospital buildings; train new employees; Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish and maintain housekeeping schedules and assign employees to areas for various housekeeping duties; conduct comprehensive inspection to check the completion of work assignments.
2. Ensure that assignments are appropriately staffed and that employees have adequate supplies and equipment for completion of assignments.
3. Discuss general housekeeping procedures with personnel of the assigned area; recommend and implement changes in procedures.
4. Maintain records and submit reports concerning personnel, equipment, supplies, expense, and general housekeeping activities.
5. Take necessary action to correct any mechanical, structural, or electrical condition in need of repair or replacement.
6. Recommend various personnel action including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
7. Monitor and ensure the training of new personnel.
8. Has constant contact with the housekeepers in the performance of daily duties including subordinates, other employees, contractors, and patients.
9.Supervises housekeeping services including cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing, etc., in stairways, hallways, offices and labs.
10. Ensures that common areas including conference rooms, lobby and waiting areas are clean and free of trash and debris.
11. Ensure wastebaskets and trash boxes are emptied and staff offices are cleaned daily.
12.Participate in the preparation of meeting areas for meetings, seminars, and other staff/client functions.
13.Inventories and orders supplies and equipment necessary for the day-to-day operation.
14.Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
2.Managing one's own time and the time of others.
3.Talking to others to convey information effectively.
5.Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Diploma in Hotel Management preferably.
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- Certification / diploma
About This Company
Dar Al Shifa Hospital is one of the leading internationally accredited hospital which offers primary , secondary and selected tertiary care services in healthcare Started in 1961, Dar Al-Shifa was initially launched as a private maternity hospital in Kuwait. The hospital bloomed and progressed to offer Pediatric care, ENT, Internal Medicine. As continuity to the great success; A New Dar Al-Shifa Hospital location was established in Hawalli city, equipped with the latest international medical technology and run by highly competent American and European experienced medical staff of all areas and expertise. The hospital emphasized its concern to offer utmost comfort to its patients by providing prestigious suites and luxurious rooms especially designed to create a cozy home atmosphere accompanied with a warm personalized attendance in patient's care. As an expansion to our efforts in developing our services to the community of Kuwait, we continuously explore the potential to ally with internationally recognized medical leaders such as recently affiliating with Georges Pompidou Hospital in France and exclusively representing Care Unit (UK) in Kuwait and the GCC.