Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
We have urgent openings for HSE Training and Development Specialist for our shipyard located in Duqm and interested candidates can apply if below conditions is applied.
• Identifying HS&E training and development needs on the job analysis, schedule look- aheads and regular consultation with Sr.Manager and members of other departments.
• Designing and developing HS&E training needs for all ODC employees.
• Working in a team to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties on the Shipyard, such as section heads, line managers and senior managers.
• Producing training materials for courses.
• Managing the delivery of HS&E training and devising a training strategy for the company. And maintaining all HSE training records.
• Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with line manager.
• Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met
• Evaluating subcontractors training and development programs
• Amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
• Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, attending meetings and relevant courses
• Monitor program performance, recommend and implement modifications to systems and procedures
• Promote and coordinate specific activities including course schedules and any specialized training programs being offered. Prepare program event and material including flyers, schedules of events, pamphlets and brochures
• Maintain records and develop reports concerning new and ongoing programs and program effectiveness. Maintain records for training event attendance. Maintain and file training reports and prepare statistical reports as required.
• Preparing HSSE. daily, weekly, monthly reports
• Sourcing and managing tender process for any contract HSE training that may be out sourced.
• Preparing HSE procedures, guidelines and Risk assessment.
Experience, Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Health and Safety
• NEBOSH Diploma
• Ability to motivate, instruct and assess learners (both in the class room and environment)
• Excellent communications and presentation
English language both written and verbal. Arabic speaker preferred but not essential
Experience of working with different cultures and safety attitudes.
Communication skill at all levels.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Marine Services
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 20
- Residence Location:
- India; Oman
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Oman Drydock Company S.A.O.C. (ODC) has been established in September 2006 by the Government of Sultanate Oman (GOSO) with its 100% stake under the Master Plan of Duqm area which is propelling by GOSO to aim diversification of industry structure and regionally balanced growth in Oman.