Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Human Resources Director
Confidential Company - UAE
Summary of Functions:
The candidate will report to the Vice-President for the provision of comprehensive HR support, advice and records for the benefit of the university’s senior management, faculty, and staff, which includes compensation and benefits; recruitment; training and development; managing employee relations; provide management, supervisory and employee consultations; strategic and operational direction to functional activities; Participate in strategic planning, policy development and perform other related duties as assigned.
In conjunction with the VP, the Director of Human Resources will:
• Define action plans for the accomplishment of specified goals, assign responsibilities, review and report progress and ensure achievements and accountabilities.
• Endorse the recruitment, appraisal, salary adjustment, promotion, annual leave and training and development plans.
• Review the remuneration package components including allowances, benefits and leaves to determine their competitiveness. Initiate studies, recommendations and amendments that will satisfy needs and motivate employees.
• Facilitate the launching and conduct of major exercises such as Organization Structure, HRIS, salary surveys, job analysis and description, grade and salary structures, and the performance and development appraisal exercises.
• Review, issue, update and amend the HR Policy Manual, personnel procedures, employee handbook, agreements and personnel forms, etc.
• Effectively manage the employee grievance procedure process.
• Recommend and participate in the development and establishment of University Human Resources related policies and procedures; may serve on University planning and policy-making committees.
• Assist in establishing and implementing short/ long-term organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures.
• Represent the organization at various external business meetings.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Arabic Languages (verbal and written) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years of experience at a managerial level within a reputable organization, preferably a university; the ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner and listen attentively to faculty and staff at all levels in a fast-paced and diverse environment; and must be able to prepare and present reports as required. The successful candidate must have experience in handling complex, time- sensitive issues relating to employees, as well as strong leadership, managerial and team-building skills.
A bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources management or a related field where courses are related to personnel administration is required. A master’s degree is preferable, together with a proven track record of excellent customer service in the field of human resources, and an appropriate certification from a recognized human resources institute (CIPD or SHRM).
Bachelor in Business Administration
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Human Resources/Personnel
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 20
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma