Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Shell has been at the forefront of the natural gas industry for more than 40 years and we have an unrivalled global position in natural gas amongst private energy companies. We’re the world's largest equity producer of liquefied natural gas and hold a leading position in the world’s key natural gas markets of Europe, Asia-Pacific and United States. As the world searches for greener forms of energy, we expect demand for natural gas - the cleanest hydrocarbon - to double over the next two decades, and are well positioned to capture growth opportunities.
The Pearl Gas to Liquids (GTL) project includes the development of offshore natural gas resources in Qatar’s North Field. Upstream, natural gas will be produced, transported and processed to produce 120,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and ethane. Downstream, dry gas will be used as feedstock to produce 140,000 barrels per day of clean, high quality GTL fuels and products.
We’re currently looking to recruit a Qatari professional, preferably from a Nursing or related health background, to join the Health, Safety, Security and Environment department.
The Trainee Industrial Hygienist will:
* achieve identified training and development targets
* assist with the implementation of Qatar Shell's Industrial Hygiene (IH) plans and ensure results are documented,
* support the maintenance of ‘oneHealth IT’ programme,
* support implementation of the Medical Surveillance, Fitness to Work and Exposure Monitoring programmes,
* participate in Health Risk Assessment (HRA) activities,
* train staff involved in HRA and raise general awareness of staff/contractors in occupational health,
* provide occupational hygiene input, and
* support IH audit and review.
Candidates should have Industrial Hygiene training at University level or British Occupational Hygiene Society (or equivalent) modules. Candidates with Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent would also be considered initially in a Trainee role with planned development into the fully fledged Industrial Hygienist. In addition, candidates who are already a certified Industrial Hygienist or working towards (LFOH) or with Industrial Hygiene experience in chemical, oil and gas industry would be welcomed to apply.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma