Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
We are looking for a Project Manager, with 5 years + Oil and Gas experience, with an Infrastructure and Telecommunications background to work for one of the leading Oil & Gas operators in Iraq for a one year contract initially.
Excellent IT project methodology experience and communication skills are a must, supported by detailed technical knowledge of complex communication systems within Oil & Gas industry, including VSAT Architecture and Process Control Networks.
As an overall view of the role and from the Infrastructure perspective you will be covering all aspects of back office, networks (Voice and Data) to support two level data centres in the country both supported with an IP backbone. From the telecommunications point of view, you will be managing IP and Satellite focused (Voice and Data) communications projects with interface into process control network (analogue based at 50+ years). General activities of the successful candidate include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Business Administration or other related field
• Oil and Gas background is a must
• PM certification i.e. PRINCE2
• 7 to 10 years of IT working experience
• Technical proficiency in hardware and systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with complex vendor models
• Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Very strong customer service orientation
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Job Location:
- Basra, Iraq
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location: