1. Go over the whole audit project and the assigned auditing task with the senior internal auditor, ensure a good understanding of the audit scope, objectives, tools and methodologies, prepare a schedule for the assigned work and review it with concerned parties to ensure the availability of needed resources (humans & materials) during the audit execution.
2. Prepare for the audit assignment by reviewing applicable laws and regulations, examining the company’s policies, procedures and systems, interviewing involved people and/or observing the execution of work to gather all needed information about the concerned area before conducting the audit.
3. Carry out on-site audits as per agreed schedule, meet with people, collect facts and records, discuss them with the concerned person in an objective, concise and constructive manner, evaluate the reliability and integrity of provided information to ensure the accuracy of audit findings.
4. Assess the established systems with regards to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures which could have a significant impact on operations and data processing to assess compliance and identify non-conforming areas.
5. Analyze operational and management processes and internal control’s effectiveness and efficiency in view to identify any relevant weaknesses
6. Carry out physical verification of assets and reconcile them with available records to assess their proper safeguard
7. Review and analyze audit findings, evaluate the effectiveness of particular activities or systems, identify the causes of inefficient practices, coordinate with the concerned persons to propose the most appropriate solution / recommendations for improvement.
8. Prepare a variety of reports, documents and other written materials in order to document internal audit activities and provide written references as needed.
9. Participate in the meetings with line managers to expose audit findings and recommendations and provide them with the needed assistance to develop an action plan for correcting identified discrepancies/problems.
10. Take advantage of on-the-job training opportunities to increase capability and skill level.
11. Participate in the meetings with line managers to expose audit findings and recommendations and provide them with the needed assistance to develop an action plan for correcting identified discrepancies/problems.
- Based Lebanon – With missions abroad
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- Job Location:
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering; Engineering; Accounting/Auditing
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
BUTEC S.A.L is a private partnership corporation, established in 1964 in Lebanon as a General Contracting Company, operating in Lebanon, Algeria, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Syria and Jordan. BUTEC S.A.L is an EPC contractor with an in-house engineering department and has overall around 4,500 employees aspiring to combine know-how and expertise around essential values of the contracting profession. The major fields of its expertise are: infrastructure and Environmental projects, General Building Constructions, Industrial Facilities, Oil & Gas, Electromechanical Installations, Maintenance and Services. BUTEC S.A.L is certified ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.