1. Assist the Head of Internal Audit in the preparation of Annual Audit Plan and the related risk assessment.
2. Prepare audit program for the audit assignment determining the nature, extent and timing of audit tests and get it approved by Head of Internal Audit.
3. Independently execute audit work in accordance with the Audit Plan in varied industries such financial services, Commodities trading, free zone authority and properties.
4. Prepare draft audit reports for the review of Head of Internal Audit and discuss draft reports with concerned auditees including Head of Departments.
5. Identify cost effective improvements by reviewing operating controls and practices in the assigned audit areas.
6. Assist to ensure that by performing audit work that proper internal controls are in place and the operations of DMCC are conducted in an efficient manner and the assets of the DMCC are properly safeguarded.
7. Perform special review and studies as assigned by Head of Internal Audit and prepare draft reports.
5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 3 years in internal audit
Experience in industries such as financial services / commodities trading / properties and free zone authorities desired
Experience with Big 4 audit firms
ACA - Chartered Accountant / ACCA - Chartered Certified Accountant / CPA - Certified Public Accountant (USA)
CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (highly desirable)
Graduate in Commerce, Finance related field
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Government Sector
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
The Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), a strategic initiative of the Government of Dubai, was established in 2002 with a mandate to provide the physical, market and financial infrastructure required to set up a commodities market place in Dubai, spanning a wide range of commodities industries. The main commodity divisions within DMCC are Gold, Diamond, Pearls, Tea and Cotton, and DMCC has initiated several joint venture companies to facilitate these commodities. Other commodities are also serviced within DMCC, and businesses with activities not related to commodities also take advantage of setting up at the JLT free zone. DMCC members are offered highly attractive benefits under a free zone status including a secure regulated environment. As the first sector-specific UAE free zone authority to offer freehold business premises, DMCC has implemented a dedicated compliance policy in the organisation, which is in line with the compliance related laws and regulations of the UAE Federal Government and competent international bodies.