International Contract Specialist
Confidential Company - Iraq
The International Contracts within the Legal Affairs is responsible for negotiating all non M&A contracts entered by the Company with third parties on behalf of the Company and for setting baseline contractual requirements for contracts for all departments to ensure adequate protection of the Company’s rights.
• Provide contractual support to the company, notably in the areas of procurement, IT, satellite and fibre capacity, marketing and interconnection.
• Lead and foster communications and information sharing within the Company to leverage negotiation strengths with suppliers and other third parties.
• Assist the Company HR with employment contractual and legal issues.
• Work with the Company Regulatory counsel on any regulatory proceedings to ensure consistent and legal compliance with regulatory obligations.
• other legal support outside the contracts sector as may be required by the Company from time to time for approximately one quarter of the allocated time.
• Draft and negotiate agreements in the areas of procurement, IT, satellite and fibre capacity, marketing and product development with third parties on behalf of the Company.
• Provide legal advice and opinions on legal disputes, litigation and insurance matters,
• Maintain the Company records of all major agreements and other legal documents.
• Maintain the Company litigation and transactional records; develop and implement records retention policy for litigation and transactional records.
• Define and maintain litigation and contractual procedures & processes for the Legal Affairs in alignment with overall business guidelines and in coordination with the Head of the Legal Affairs.
• Investigate, assess, and lead legal support of all claims against the Company that are above an established threshold
• Provide legal support to the operating companies in the form of draft contracts/provisions, and legal analysis and consultation.
• Extensive experience in transactional, litigation and insurance matters.
• Experience handling outside counsel and litigation budgets.
• Work experience with international law firm or multinational corporation or organization.
• Background in telecommunications industry, law and regulations strongly preferred.
• International experience, preferably in the MENA region
Minimum Entry Qualifications.
• (5+) years experience directly related to the duties and
• University degree in law
• Bar membership in a Middle East or Gulf Region state, EU country, or US
• Fluency in English essential; fluency in Arabic a plus.
• Compliance with the necessary legal requirements for Contract activities.
• Number of successful transactions / contracts negotiated
• Proactive management and minimization of legal risk, especially litigation.
• Quality, timeliness and commercially focused solutions of legal advice.
• Timely response to business requirements
• Level of involvement in negotiation of agreements / contracts/litigation
• Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
• Strong experience and expertise in parent/subsidiary legal matters and inter-companies relationship
• Experience with complex commercial matters and inter-company agreements
• Strong organizational, management, and communication skills
• Familiarity with employment law and agreements a plus
• Experience working with working with and managing outside counsel.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations and recommendations and to synthesize and communicate the key elements of complex legal matters to non-specialists
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures and a diverse community.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma