provide support to the executive chef, kitchen managers and staff. To be efficient and diplomatic in dealing with situations involving any aspect of kitchen and restaurants, where the reputation of the hotel is represented. Minimum Placement of 8 months or more.
· Communicate with other departmental secretaries as required.
· Responsible for the administrative support for the kitchen department. To include: initiating a suitable filing system and maintain files, memoranda preparation and distribution within 24 hours, prepare various reports, forms and endure confidentially is adhered to, Prepare minutes of kitchen meeting, dictation, transcribing, drafting, and typing of documents, Maintain appointments and meeting schedule, meeting and greeting of office visitors, ensuring all correspondence is answered within 24 hours, faxes and telephone answered in the same name.
· Takes and connects telephone call inquiries and queries for the relevant departmental personnel making sure to project a friendly, professional and efficient image.
· Participates in any training or development programs that may improve personal standards and departmental standards.
· Responsible for receiving, opening and sorting all incoming mail for the department and bringing to the attention of the kitchen personnel only.
· Dispatches outgoing mail within the kitchen.
· Responsible for ensuring office areas is well supplied and well maintained.
· Preparation of all information and figures required for the completion of all monthly report of the kitchen department.
· Follow all accounting procedures are established by the hotel policy.
· Do not accept any work that your skills will not permit you to do properly and do not accept anything, which is not legible.
· Report to work on time and maintain appearance according to the guidelines as set forth in the employee handbook.
· Assist the Executive Chef in preparation, planning and promoting annual parties.
College degree – Preferred
Able to multi-task
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
About This Company
The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai is set to become a landmark hotel in one of the region’s most desirable destinations. The hotel will open with 804 bedrooms and rise to 1608 rooms the hotel will include 9 restaurants and 5 lounges offering a wide variety of culinary delights for our guests. JW Marriott is the luxury hotel brand that provides an environment of simple elegance where they feel welcome and free to be themselves. Together, we orchestrate an experience that is expertly edited to leave only what is truly desired. The JW experience authentically reflects each property's surroundings, imparts a sense of harmony and wellness and delivers lasting memories. All so our guests can indulge in the ultimate luxury...the time to think and freedom to focus. The Marquis endorsement is reserved for iconic properties in the Marriott International portfolio, defined by their scale, grandeur and location. The new JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai will be the first JW Marriott Marquis branded property outside of North America (after the JW Marriott Marquis Miami). Success of the property will be heavily reliant on the creative input, and talented, experienced individuals, who have the ability to work as a highly organised world class, team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an exceptional property, located in one of the youngest and most dynamic markets in the World.