Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Our client a Global Energy Company based in Iraq is looking for an IT Applications Project Manager with experience of Upstream Oil & Gas and Functional Applications for a one year contract initially.
The IT Project Manager will support the Business Unit and Joint Venture in the identification of application upgrades and create the development roadmaps for the application portfolio.
The successful candidate must have experience in delivering a project portfolio of application upgrades or enhancements and have the ability to work at all levels of the organisation.
On daily basis the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
• Making sure that all application projects are delivered within the agreed timeline and that they stay within budget by preparing, guiding and coordinating necessary arrangements
• Guaranteeing that the aim of the projects are aligned with the Business values
• Monitoring project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise
• Partnering with senior management of the business to categorize and prioritize opportunities for make the most of IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
• Understanding how to leverage infrastructure technology to provide competitive advantage
• Managing a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer
• Being part and managing a challenge driven team with highly motivated individuals in order to make the most of their expertise so the business goals are met
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Business Administration or other related field.
• PM certification i.e. PRINCE2
• 7 to 10 years of IT working experience
• Technical proficiency in hardware and systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with complex vendor models
• Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Very strong customer service orientation
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Job Location:
- Basra, Iraq
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Great Britain (UK); Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia