Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Responsible for the IT infrastructure and operations support tasks for the local office and Alcon offices in the region, aligned with the business needs, the Global IT Policies and Standards, and in compliance with the applicable regulations. Working closely with the commercial organizations, finance departments, business managers and vendors.
• Execute IT support according to the GIS Support strategy for the local business customer, ensuring sound business cases and analysis of key business initiatives and informational needs that support, improve and/or transform business operations and processes taking into consideration both long-term and short-term business goals and strategy.
• Develop regional GIS budget, and manage the components related directly to GIS operations. Conduct cost and product analysis of IT components, equipment, software etc and ensure products are purchased in a timely manner per Alcon Global compliance guidelines. Control and manage the GIS Expenses in accordance with approved budget.
• Develop and deliver global, country, or local support related but not limited to:
• Support: Provide desk side support for regional IT equipment and user requests. Answer any 1st level support calls for the region. Track calls and find resolutions. If requests cannot be solved, assign call to the Global IT Help Desk.
• Software: Install software packages using Alcon's software distribution tools. Help and assist in rolling out corporate business software and assist in training local business staff. Organize and ensure proper working order of Alcon affiliate software and maintenance
• Hardware: Install hardware according to regional needs and technical standards. Execute set up and maintenance of servers according to global guidelines. Check daily backup and ensure validity of data backups. Organize and ensure proper working order of Alcon affiliate IT equipment and maintenance.
• Create and maintain local IT Hardware and Software inventory database, regularly check, monitor and update.
• Ensure organizational plans and initiatives are uniformly understood and properly interpreted by IT practitioners as well as associates across the region and that all IT activity complies with regulations, laws governing business operations and global policies and guidelines.
• Take part in Global IT projects, and potentially lead project implementations in the region, being responsible to meet the requirements in terms of business value, quality, timing and budget.
• Ensure broadband connection of all sites is capable of covering company web-based applications and increase bandwidth when possible
• Provide support for the procurement, installation and service of company issued mobile devices
• Manage IT vendors across the region to ensure proper service delivery
• Be the primary point of contact for the local/regional management to address specific functional business issues or requirements that need an IT Business Applications solution. Have fluent and direct communication with the Regional IT Applications Team to address these local requests, following formal and informal support and governance procedures.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related/equivalent discipline.
Minimum: 5+ years in general IT Operations, Service Desk, Active Directory, general application support and some involvement in projects and project management
Preferred: 8+ years in general IT Operations and Applications, work experience in an international environment with shared services.Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English. Arabic Prefered
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft client and server environments, application deployment tools and Active Directory plus SCCM server and client administration.
• Experience as a systems or network engineer supporting a Microsoft Office environment. Experience with Windows servers configuration and administration. Good understanding of Ethernet TCP/IP networks and IP Telephony.Workstation image development and deployment
• Experience with hardware and various software and legal platforms including storage devices, routers and switches with the ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues
• Good sense for business applications. Supportive towards the business, with strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and conflict management skills. Good balance between service oriented and challenging attitude.Ability to think strategically and abreast of IT industry developments
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma