Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Kitchen Production Senior | IKEA Dubai Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
About the Job:
We are seeking to hire a Kitchen Production Senior for our IKEA store in Abu Dhabi.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Food & Beverages Manager in the execution of the IKEA FOOD Service Concept in the IKEA Restaurant & Café, IKEA Bistro, IKEA Swedish Food Market and IKEA co-worker restaurant by ensuring that the daily operations of the kitchen and production area is supervised and directed in the highest standard way to strengthen the IKEA store's position as the best home furnishing store in the local market.
- Ensure efficient operations of the IKEA Restaurant & Café department with special attention to the preparation and serving of food that enhances both the customer and co-workers dining experience.
- Oversee the inventory and stock levels across the Food & Beverages department from purchasing, ordering and stock rotation (FIFO).
- Implement, develop and monitors the food safety and hygiene standards and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for both the customers and co-workers in accordance with the and HACCP standards as well as the local health and safety regulations standards.
- Monitor and control the food costs, operational costs, productivity, sales mix and recipe cost.
- Execute action plans for the kitchen and production area to support the business plan/goals, sales/gross profit objectives.
- Equipment Maintenance and documentation .
- You are responsible for the efficient organisation of the business area in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profit, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
- Together with the Food & Beverages Manager and other team members you secure to achieve the IF&B standard set in the operational /commercial growth review documents.
- Use relevant KPI's and the commercial input to identify business potentials and to steer their business.
- Manage the full food product range according to the IKEA Concept.
- Work with a relevant and attractive range offer based on the information on the local market.
- Actively exceed customer expectations the IKEA Way.
- Confidently work with the food handling process.
- Create and implement an efficient production plan to secure the agreed profitability.
- Understanding and execution of the logistics processes from ordering to storage.
- Transfer their know-how to grow their business and people.
- In conjunction with the HRBP and Food & Beverages Manager you select, recruit, train, develop, coach, mentor and inspire co-workers in accordance with the IKEA values.
- You train the co-workers how to work with the Swedish and local range according to the recipes.
- You train the co-workers in food preparation to ensure the highest standards of range presentation.
- You have the responsibility of coordinating the area of food safety in your store.
- Develop and manage the HACCP system.
- Ensure that IKEA Food Safety programs are implemented and followed in the store.
- Make random and unannounced food safety checks in the store.
- Ensure that all IKEA FOOD co-workers are participating in IKEA Food Safety e-learning and other food safety training initiatives.
- Organize planned and random microbiologic
The ideal candidate will match the following criteria:
- 3-5 years kitchen production supervisory/managment experience.
- Commitment to high quality of food, service and cleanliness
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must have multi-tasking capabilities
- Must have an advance computer skills
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish washing machines.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.