Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Projects section in QAFCO is responsible for developing and executing projects in a large production complex. The project size may range from minor to major and will be multi disciplinary in nature.
This position Leads the Project Services Group and reports to the Head of Projects Section. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 8 years of relevant experience in industrial projects portfolio management and support in Chemical / Fertilizers / Petrochemical plants.
His key responsibilities include:
• Supporting project coordinators in developing projects detail planning, status monitoring and progress follow up of all projects phases.
• Develop and maintain good standards and tools on projects portfolio monitoring practices
• Compiles and produces projects portfolio periodic reports to give overview through trends and statistics.
• Liase with multiple trade project coordinators, plant owners and other stake holders for smooth running of projects.
• Act as a point of reference for introducing improvements in project management systems and routines
• Support project coordinators in cost control and assist section activity to finalise project annual budget frame.
• Coordinate specific projects including team of other discipline engineers.
• Maintain awareness of latest developments in the field and use it to improve group functions in supporting company objectives.
Experience in P3e Primavera planning Systems is essential and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System is an advantage.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Petrochemicals; Manufacturing and Production
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
QAFCO was founded in 1969 as a joint venture between the State of Qatar, Norsk Hydro Norway, Davy Power gas, and Hambros Bank, to produce Ammonia & Urea by utilizing Qatar's abundant gas resources. The company is now owned by Industries Qatar (IQ) as 75% shareholder and Yara International as 25% shareholder.
QAFCO’s inception in 1969 as a joint venture company to produce chemical fertilisers was the first and a significant step in Qatar’s industrial diversification program to utilize its abundant natural gas resources. Since then QAFCO has steered its way successfully, responding adequately to the world market demand for fertiliser and living up to the expectations of its shareholders, IQ and Yara.
QAFCO inaugurated its first plant in 1973 with a design capacity of 900 tons of Ammonia and 1000 tons of urea daily. Presently QAFCO complex comprises four completely integrated trains; QAFCO-1 (1973), QAFCO-2 (1979), QAFCO-3 (1997) and QAFCO-4 (2004). Each train is made up of two units, one for production of ammonia and the other for urea.
Through scientific strategic plans and integration of the latest technologies, QAFCO steadily developed, over the years, in terms of nameplate capacity, production quantities, quality and competitiveness of products, accordingly QAFCO has become one of the main producers and exporters of ammonia and urea in the world. Now after the completion of QAFCO-4 plant QAFCO has emerged as the world’s largest single site producer of urea and ammonia with an annual production capacity of 2 million tons of ammonia and 2 million tons of urea.