Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Learning and Development Specialist | IKEA Dubai Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
About the Job:
As a Learning & Development Executive you will be working alongside the HR Business Partner and the IKEA Training Manager on the implementation of training packages. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the implementation the strategy for staff training and development
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development
- Ensuring that all line managers are fully informed of staff training and development objectives, purposes and achievements
- Support the induction program for all new co-workers into the Store
- Monitoring efficiency of the programs
- Sharing the feedback with the IKEA College from running OTJ programs in the local IKEA store
- Organising the training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation, if required
- Arranging for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Quality-focus and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver presentations or training using acceptable methods and techniques
- Understanding of e-learning techniques
- Confidence in presenting information to groups of people
- Ability to operate scanning, imaging, photographic, audio-visual or related equipment
You will be a graduate in Bachelor degree in Training or Business Administration and have a minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Human Resources; Retail/Wholesale
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Human Resources/Personnel
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.