Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Purpose of Job:
The position provides the organization with effective legal services, advice and representation from simple to
complicated legal issues cognate to the organization's mandate under the direction of the Chief Legal Counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and substantiates legal decisions made by the Chief Legal Counselor
- Provides consultancy and gives advises to all other departments on matters directly relating to the AAW corporate governance, business and public policy
- Reviews, prepares and revises all company contracts and written agreements for all departments as confirmed by the Chief Legal Counselor (contracts, licenses, leases, sales, purchases, real estate, etc.)
- Reviews and handles legal matters, cases and labor disputes with the Chief Legal Counselor, in behalf of AAW
- Ensures implementation of all the legal processes required to affect the privileges, obligations and rights of the organization
- Collects information and evidences for decision-making of the management and completion of AAW Strategy and Policy
- Examines materials such as publications, advertisements involving AAW for any legal implications
- Supports preventive law strategies and corporate policy and compliance programs to help minimize litigation,
third party disputes and other potential project development and implementation problems
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of pertinent state laws, regulations, rulings, interpretations and court decisions as they affect AAW
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief Legal Counselor
- General Degree; preferences for those with degree in Business
Mgt., Retail Business Mgt., Bus., Admin.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience; competitive knowledge of trading area & local market trends; ability to use best practiced business tools & standards
- Bilingual - English/Arabic / Spoken & Written
- 30-35 years of age
- Achievement Orientation
- Customer Service Focus
- Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Legal; Retail/Wholesale
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
The business of our company started in 1918 immediately after the First Word War, flourished after he second Word War right after the oil discovery in Kuwait.
AAW Was developed and recognized later on as one of the major trading companies in the country, with its official registration in the Ministry of Commerce and industry on 20 February 1956.
Since then, our company has experience an impressive growth and has encompassed principal activities in the following segments:
• Consumer Goods
• Pharmaceutical - Wholesale and Retail
• Real Estate
• Home and Office Furniture and Carpets
• Kitchen Appliances
• Premium Home Appliances
• Outdoor Products and Retail
• Sports Apparel and Lifestyle
Procter & Gamble products, and leading brands such as Hoffman La Rosch, Siemens, Basset, Century Furniture, Bosch, Nolte Kitchens, Jansport, Eastpak, The Athlete's Foot, Curves Fitness Center amongst others are all part of our portfolio.
With more than 1,200 employees, we continue to actively engage in developing new areas of expansion while diversifying our range of value products and services.