Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Logistics Assistant | IKEA Dubai Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
About the Job:
We have an opportunity for a Logistics Assistant to join our new IKEA store opening in Doha. The purpose of this role is to support the store and the inventory controller to accurately maintain the store inventory integrity to provide the highest possible service levels to our internal and external customers.
- Checking and receiving all inbound stocks into the store
- Executing the physical count of the inventory cycles of the store
- Bin accuracy checks for all the Self Serve, Full Serve and Markethall departments
- Clearance of all stock investigation articles in the store
- Reporting of all the KPI'S related to inventory in the store
- Filing of all physical inventory documents for audit review
- Executing system processes related to Physical inventories (Basic Navision)
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous inventory/ warehousing experience
- Excellent communication sills
- Attention to details
- Numerical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility and punctuality
- A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
- Knowledge of NAVISION operating system will be an advantage
- IKEA product knowledge is preferable
- Comfort with physical work and ability to lift a minimum of 25 kilos
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Distributions and Logistics
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.