· To keep watch for any suspicious characters, would-be criminals, shopping touts, pimps, prostitutes or any undesirable persons.
· To ensure that unauthorized persons do not remove unattended pieces of luggage left by the guest.
· To call the operator (Dial 7777) in the event of fire and report the incident. To sound the fire alarm & call for the Emergency Response Team. When directed, alerts the guest to evacuate the area. To silence the Fire Alarm bells once they are activated, ensure that the fire-fighting cabinet on the wall of floors is unlocked. To ensure that no vehicles obstruct the entrance of the hotel.
· To ensure smooth functioning of guest lifts and revolving glass doors, and report any malfunctions to the Engineering the Duty Manager, Night Shift In-Charge, whoever is on duty to follow up with Engineering and record the discrepancy.
· To conduct periodic checking on display or exhibits & ensure they are secured and intact.
· To assist guest in hailing taxis in the absence of the Bellmen/Doorman at the hotel entrance area.
· To control traffic in front of the hotel during arrival and departure of VIPs during large gatherings and special functions.
· To close doors found open on floor rounds and to ensure that unauthorized person does not loiter on the guest floors. To report all burned out light bulbs, exits sign out of order, dishes or trolleys left at guest doors, etc., to the appropriate departments.
· To conduct periodic inspection at public toilets, guest and service lift to prevent vandalism and informed Housekeeping Dept. if the toilets need cleaning.
· To patrol all areas of the hotel alone or as a member of a team.
· To respond, keep constantly alert and make immediate investigation of all incidents/complaints/irregularities and unusual or suspicious circumstances.
· To investigate and take necessary action to resolve incidents or situations found on patrol, such as disorderly conduct, theft, drunkenness, prowling, etc. or reported Guest complaint & resolve it as soon as possible.
· To ensure that Key Cards & Metal Keys are properly issued to authorized personnel, properly sign and entered into the Key Log Book and the same is returned after departments operations.
3-5 years experience with police, security or military
Skills and Knowledge
Quick and eager learner
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
About This Company
The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai is set to become a landmark hotel in one of the region’s most desirable destinations. The hotel will open with 804 bedrooms and rise to 1608 rooms the hotel will include 9 restaurants and 5 lounges offering a wide variety of culinary delights for our guests. JW Marriott is the luxury hotel brand that provides an environment of simple elegance where they feel welcome and free to be themselves. Together, we orchestrate an experience that is expertly edited to leave only what is truly desired. The JW experience authentically reflects each property's surroundings, imparts a sense of harmony and wellness and delivers lasting memories. All so our guests can indulge in the ultimate luxury...the time to think and freedom to focus. The Marquis endorsement is reserved for iconic properties in the Marriott International portfolio, defined by their scale, grandeur and location. The new JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai will be the first JW Marriott Marquis branded property outside of North America (after the JW Marriott Marquis Miami). Success of the property will be heavily reliant on the creative input, and talented, experienced individuals, who have the ability to work as a highly organised world class, team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an exceptional property, located in one of the youngest and most dynamic markets in the World.