Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
• Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the
pipe industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
• Maintains and repairs maintenance equipment.
• Establishes and maintains maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
• Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
• Supervises plant maintenance personnel.
• Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
• Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
• Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
• Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
• Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
• Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
• Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
• Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
• Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, schedule compliance, etc.
• Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
• Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
• Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Departments.
• Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
• Communicates directly with QA Department to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
• Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
• Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
• Drive start up effort at the facility; therefore, participate in staffing effort, lead spare part procurement effort, lead maintenance training effort, identify/secure critical supply and service agreements, lead the maintenance group during checkout and commissioning of the facility, etc.
• Other duties as per required.
• At least five years experience in maintenance and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent;
• In-depth knowledge of pipe manufacturing is an asset;
• Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment;
• Must regularly fit, and capable to do jobs either in elevated positions or otherwise;
• Other relevant qualifications.
- Job Location:
- Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Group Five Pipe Saudi is an affiliate of Abdel Hadi Abdullah Al-Qahtani and Sons Group of Companies (Tariq Abdel Hadi Al-Qahtani & Bros.). Group Five Pipe Saudi has been recognized as a premier manufacturer of Large Diameter Spiral Steel Welded Pipes. These pipes are suitable for a wide range of applications, for sour and non-sour transmission of Oil, Gas, Water and other construction needs.