Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Maintenance Technician-KidZania, Kuwait
M.H Alshaya Co. has entered into a partnership with KidZania, the award winning family entertainment and education brand, to develop and manage a 5,000 sq.m. KidZania State at The Avenues in Kuwait. Expected to open in 2012, KidZania will be a major new tenant in phase three of the mall, which is currently under development.
KidZania, or The Land of Cool Kids', is a unique concept in family entertainment, helping children understand and manage the world they are growing into. Designed as a real city with streets, buildings and even an airport, everything in KidZania is scaled down to kid's size. Children can experience what it is like to become a doctor, a banker, a policeman, a DJ or one of over 90 other adult roles in a fun and safe environment that helps nurture their creativity, stimulate their imagination, and expand their experiences as they play and learn at the same time.
KidZania was established in Mexico and first opened its doors to children in 1999. Today KidZania operates eight edutainment centres in six countries worldwide across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and has welcomed more than four million visitors in 2010. Find out more about the brand at http:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the skilled and semi skilled maintenance of the park. Responsibilities include maintaining the mechanical, electrical, plumping and life safety equipments. The position also assists with scheduling and overseeing the work performed by the various contractors ensuring they use safe practices, do quality work and clean up their work area.
* Performs building repairs including dry wall, paint and wall covering, ceiling tile and grid, carpet and flooring, door and door hardware; as well as plumbing faucets, sinks urinals, toilet, drains and valves.
* Perform daily site inspections of the park facilities and mechanical equipments to ensure proper operation.
* Perform preventive maintenance to the building systems and equipment assigned and creates equipment check sheets and requests, provides a report to the maintenance supervisor noting any problem found.
* Provide repairs of Heating Ventilation Air Condition (HVAC) system, which may include air conditioning unit, VAV boxes, exhaust system, building automation controls and filter replacement.
* Perform electrical repair, such as repairing lamps, ballast, switches, receptacles, cord caps, wiring of single and three phase motors and installation of circuits.
* Provide assistance in office furniture reconfigurations, furniture moves and office moves as required; hang pictures and shelves as needed.
* Perform checks on cleaning and if require report to the maintenance supervisor or Maintenance manager accordingly.
* Assist maintenance supervisor in day today activities and check / fill the log sheet or CAFM system.
* Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
* Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations.
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer service skill.
Provide ability to work successfully in a team environment with limited resources.
* Ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple simultaneous tasks and projects.
* Basic PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel) and outlook.
* Ability to work various hours and respond to after hour's emergency request in an on call rotation.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.