Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for providing leadership and management of the sales divisions in the Medical Equipment Department. Formulates and executes marketing and sales plans and budgets consistent with and supportive to the company’s annual business plans.
Duties and Responsibilities (Main Tasks) :
1. Prepares a quarterly departmental performance report.
2. Day-to-day coordination and direction of administration and operations of the Medical Equipment Department staff.
3. Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with business contracts, third parties, and trade professions. Also conducts sales functions in accordance with established policies and procedures while keeping management well informed of the area activities and significant problems.
4. Ensures that all the department personnel are efficient and effective.
5. Prepares and makes presentations to the public, professional groups, governmental and private hospitals and others as requested by company management.
6. Develops and executes sales plan and goals designed to increase sales and profits and minimize expenses.
7. Responsible for the growth and development of sales and market share within the assigned divisions.
8. Prepares and administers the budget.
Establish Plans - Develops short and long range plans that are appropriately comprehensive,
realistic and effective in meeting goals; integrates planning efforts across work functions.
Structure and Staff - Recruits and hires the right people for permanent assignments; builds a strong team with complementary strengths; provides for staff continuity; forms the right structure and teams.
Develops Systems and Processes - Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
Manage Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates and empowers others; removes obstacle and impediments to work accomplishment; when necessary monitors progress.
Work Efficiently - Allocates one’s own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and competing priorities; efficiently processes paperwork; manages meetings effectively.
Speak Effectively - Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one-on-one conversations.
Foster Open Communication - Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
Listens to Others - Actively listens to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others; listens well in group.
Deliver Presentations - Prepares and delivers clear, effective presentations; carries self well in front of a group.
Prepare Written Communication - Conveys information accurately, clearly and effectively through both formal and information documents; reviews and edits written work
Builds Relationships - Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; shows sincere interest in others and their concerns; initiates and develops relationships with others as a key priority.
Display Organizational Savvy - Develops effective give-and-take relationships with others; understands the agendas and perspectives of others; recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the border constituency
Leverage Networks - Identifies and cultivates relationships with key decision makers; uses informal networks to get things done; build strong external networks with people in similar positions and the profession
Value Diversity - Shows and fosters respect and appreciation for each person whatever that person’s background, race, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interest.
Manages Disagreements - Brings substantive conflicts to and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively; builds consensus
A. Bachelor’s Degree (B.E.) or equivalent education.
- Experience: A minimum of 6 years of experience working in the profession or 5 years with a relevant Masters Degree (M.Sc) in the Medical Field
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Computer literacy and knowledge in reporting systems.
- Generally understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation and disciplinary action
- Ability to communicate well with others and over telephone with superiors to resolve issues and attention to
- Should be able to read & write in Arabic and English
- Good presentation skills and confidence
- Excellent communications and public relation skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to think strategically
- Leadership and Motivation Skills
B. Experience (General and Specialized): 6 years relevant sales, marketing & management of medical business
with experience in GCC countries rules and regulations.
- High degree of resilience and dedication
- Self confident & open minded with excellent PR skills
- Practical, Alert and Organized
- Dynamic, self demanding and Modest
Provide Direction - Fosters the development of a common vision; provides clear direction and priorities; clarifies roles and responsibilities.
Champion Change - Challenges the status and champions new initiatives; acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change; paves the way for needed changes; manages implementation effectively.
Lead Courageously - Steps forward to address difficult issues; puts self on the line to deal with important problems; stands firm when necessary.
Influence Others - Asserts own ideas and persuades others; gains support and commitment from others; mobilizes people to take action.
Foster Teamwork - Builds effective teams committed to the Board’s goal; fosters collaboration among team members and among teams.
Bachelor’s Degree Diploma/Certificate
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Medical/Hospital; Sales
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
The business of our company started in 1918 immediately after the First Word War, flourished after he second Word War right after the oil discovery in Kuwait.
AAW Was developed and recognized later on as one of the major trading companies in the country, with its official registration in the Ministry of Commerce and industry on 20 February 1956.
Since then, our company has experience an impressive growth and has encompassed principal activities in the following segments:
• Consumer Goods
• Pharmaceutical - Wholesale and Retail
• Real Estate
• Home and Office Furniture and Carpets
• Kitchen Appliances
• Premium Home Appliances
• Outdoor Products and Retail
• Sports Apparel and Lifestyle
Procter & Gamble products, and leading brands such as Hoffman La Rosch, Siemens, Basset, Century Furniture, Bosch, Nolte Kitchens, Jansport, Eastpak, The Athlete's Foot, Curves Fitness Center amongst others are all part of our portfolio.
With more than 1,200 employees, we continue to actively engage in developing new areas of expansion while diversifying our range of value products and services.