Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Basic Function and Principles:
Directs the Piping and Plumbing section and leads engineering duties related to planning and designing pumps and piping systems and selecting the right type and size of pumps (including but not limited to: water, water treatment and sewage systems) taking into consideration the principles of design, hydraulics and fluid mechanics…etc) to ensure that mechanical piping systems will function safely based on flow calculation results and in line with the agreed upon design criteria, project/client budget requirements, specifications and international industry codes.
Roles and Responsibilities
. Ensures to perform the required design within the allocated budgeted hours (as per agreed upon project plan).
. Ensures to perform the required design tasks with the lowest number of errors (as per internal and external customers’ requirements) with a minimum wastage of time for reworks.
. Manages and maintains effective relationships with the internal and external customers, consultants, contractors and subcontractors and any other involved parties on the project.
. Ensures to carry out necessary value engineering analysis and provide assurance to the client that their technical and budgetary requirements are respected in the design.
. Participates in the establishment of strategies, policies and goals for the company, as well as for the Business Unit.
. Derives and develops medium and short-term plans and executive programs to manage and achieve Business Unit's goals.
. Advises top management on strategic business developments, key corporate planning issues and makes recommendations on various business decisions.
. Monitors Business Unit's performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desirable direction and preventive/ corrective actions are taken accordingly.
. Sets the estimated budget, and monitors the Business Unit's expenditures and financial performance in coordination with the CFO.
. Disseminates instructions, circulars and information in addition to issuing administrative, organizational and technical decisions necessary to fulfill endorsed plans and executive programs.
. Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates within the Business unit to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
. Provides his technical experience and supervises the preparation of the required calculations and estimates rates of water flow using the standard engineering software and used company tools such as “ELITE”.
. Supervises and ensures that the size and type of the pipes are properly determined and reviews the preliminary design layout prepared by the engineers.
. Supervises the preparation of all detailed project mechanical designs and construction drawings related to piping and plumbing that satisfies and meets the clients’ requirements and advise necessary notes and recommendations, these designs include but not limited to water, water treatment and sewage systems, etc.
. Selects the appropriate Piping system based on the calculation results and conducts the required detailing for the selected layout.
. Regularly conducts reviews of suppliers’ documents and liaises with suppliers for technical inputs and inquiries.
. Reviews the performed drawings upon the completion of project milestone and conducts in-house quality control before submittals.
. Maintains and stores project records, data and documents.
. Ensures progress monitoring and early problem prevention through analyzing situations and problems accurately, identify and weigh the probable effects of alternative solutions and implement effective courses of action.
. Prepares periodic reports with respect to the division's/ department's activities and achievements to be submitted to the Section Manager.
- More than 20 years of professional experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have excellent knowledge in the design and implementation of Plumbing, Firefighting, and Waste Disposal Systems & Management, etc.
- Have a good knowledge in the design and implementation of HVAC systems, chillers, pumps, AHU, FCU and exhaust systems, energy and recovery systems.
- Have a deep knowledge in the design of mechanical systems and the codes used such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, IBC, LEED, AMCA, ANSI, ARI, ASME, IMC, MEPA, SASO, UMC…etc.
- Have a deep knowledge of latest building trends in Automated/Smart Buildings systems.
- Capable in using various project management software applications such as MS Project, Primavera and AutoCAD/STAD.
- Skilled in estimating project resource requirements (manpower, materials, financial).
- Knowledge in HAP System and Revit System is a MUST.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent Managerial and Leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and logical skills.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Effective Negotiation skills.
- Capable of building and developing teams.
- Highly organized and efficient within a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to manage a variety projects.
- Ability to estimate man-hours associated with technical tasks.
- Time management and communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
Performance Indicators, KPI’s
- Time of completion of tasks and projects.
- % of projects delivered within time, budget and quality criteria.
- % of accepted Mechanical Piping designs/prepared designs.
- % of amendments time/ preparation time.
- Number of timely and accurate reports and data.
- Technical Knowledge in Mechanical Piping Engineering.
- Adherence to laws and best practices.
- Ability to lead other staff.
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
- Job Location:
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Engineering; Construction/Civil Engineering; Information Technology
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- US$5,000 - $6,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 20
- Residence Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma