Manager of Recreation and Marina
The Recreation Manager is responsible for:
-Recreation and Marine services and facilities for community of approximately 12,000 people at forecast maturity from staff, faculty, students, and dependents.
- A large number of assets and equipment including high value items of capital and expense assets.
-Provision of support to department head as part of community services integral management team
- Health, safety environment and quality of recreation and marine services division.
- Overseas and manages the delivery of key facilities and services, including: sport centers, sport fields, marine services, golf club.
- Recommend and review ongoing policies and procedures.
- Division management, including: cost effectiveness, facility utilization, community awareness and engagement.
- Monitor usage patterns with all indoor and outdoor facilities and equipment for planning and utilization purposes.
- Evaluate and advise on the purchase and replacement of recreational and marine items .
-Monitor industry development and best practice standards and recommend improvements as required.
-Monitor the performance of service providers and for maximum quality and efficiency.
-Work closely with other KAUST divisions and departments to maximize quality and efficiency.
-Plan and coordinate recreation and marine support services for all KAUST users and agencies.
-Plan and implement events at large scale in KAUST community.
Organization: Facilities and Community
Division: Community Services
-Work closely with the F& and CS planning group to develop operating plans and accountability reports.
- Interact with the officers of the self directed groups to ensure creating programs that would maintain a vibrant community.
Work with Government Affairs, Security, and HSE in issues related to Thuwal Corniche.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes:
- The manager is required to manage over 300 staff members made up from KAUST Facility Management and Service Providers.
- May manage Even Management staff hired for any specific events inside and outside of KAUST campus
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Solid and proven management experience of recreational and/or marine services.
-Solid knowledge of indoor and outdoor sports and marine activities
-Experience of dealing with multinational groups.
-Excellent organizational skills
- A clear understanding of best practice industrial health and safety.
Required Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent management
experience in Recreational Management or Marine Management
Required Experience Minimum of ten10 years experience where at least five (5) years experience in managing recreation or marine services or sports management facility.
- Job Location:
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is being built in Saudi Arabia as an international, graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement in the Kingdom that will also benefit the region and the world. KAUST is the realization of a decades-long vision of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.