Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Material Control Engineer will,
- Monitor/ adjust and control IN/OUT material flow for all assigned departments,
- To develop/ review and upgrade standard procedures for material control related issues and coordinate with related department to ensure commitment.
- Confer, interact and coordinate with department heads to consolidate and finalize their forecasts for Material Requirement Plan (MRP) including raw materials, spare parts, consumables, tools and safety items and review all - Result oriented individual with excellent leadership skills generated purchase requisitions to verify accuracy, terminology, specifications and consistency with stock levels, before proceeding to procurement department.
- Develop, document and implement standard procedures manual in coordination with Quality Assurance Unit for governing and controlling material control aspects for manufacturing, projects and villa installation.
- Interact with production, design and quality control heads to develop/ adjust designs and search for alternatives that would have a saving impact on material cost.
- Review & audit regularly all purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Recommend and develop programs and activities to improve safety and security standards for EPM warehouses.
- Monitor inventory movements/transactions and ensure seasonal minimum stock levels are available, especially for essential core items by coordinating with procurement department.
- Lead the material control and warehouse teams efficiently, direct stores activities, establish task priorities and provide gaudiness for effective inventories.
- Initiate random pop-visits to sites/locations to check available material’s condition and wastage status.
- Monitor scrap/ wastage percentages in AC plant & duct shop production activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Electrical engineering.
- Minimum five years experience in HVAC field is a must.
- Experience with material control or project management software is required.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Familiar with stores operations and HVAC products and materials.
- Ability to identify potential risks and corrective actions.
- Understanding the ISO-9001 requirements, especially the document control clause is desirable but not mandatory.
- Result oriented individual with excellent leadership skills
- Data analysis by the use of Oracle/ Matlab is an advantage.
- MS office applications and PC literature knowledge & Internet searching skills are considered advantageous.
Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil Engineer
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- US$3,000 - $4,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 0 Max: 15
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Refrigeration Industries & Storage Co. was established in 1973 with the primary intention to serve the Refrigeration, Storage and Logistics markets in Kuwait.
In 1980, the company built up a manufacturing plant for Central Air-conditioning and six years later it started production of locally manufactured central air-conditioning equipments, including chillers under the brand name ‘COOLEX’, both technologically advanced and superior in quality and workmanship.
Today, the company has diversified operations in:
- Logistics and Warehousing
- Construction (Mechanical, Electrical works)
- Maintenance and Services
Listed on the Kuwait Stock Exchange, Refrigeration Industries & Storage Co. has made landmark achievements with:
- An annual turnover approaching US$ 200 Million
- A talented workforce of over 1500 employees deputed at various levels within the hierarchy.
- A technology-driven Air conditioning (COOLEX) and Duct manufacturing facilities
- Highly reliable logistics services in the Middle East and warehousing (hot & cold) facilities
- Numerous prestigious projects for HVAC installation and maintenance
With its tremendous growth over the years, the company is now looking forward to move its operations to other countries in the Middle East.
Refrigeration Industries & Storage Co. is an ISO 9001:2000 company and its operations fully comply with the international standards for quality management systems.