To coordinate and expedite flow of services and materials required in accordance with project schedule and it includes monitoring of shipment schedules, compilation of reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and procurement problems.
The job holder is accountable to monitor, control, regulate and maintain required material inventory levels and for expeditiously procuring, issuing or making available materials and equipment to ensure adherence to project timelines and schedules.
1. Coordinates and monitors materials required.
2. Assumes responsibility of receiving and conducting inspection of all the company materials deliveries, duties to ensure its conformity with Purchase Order descriptions & specifications.
3. Maintains inventory in the warehouse using proper methods of classification and segregation based on criticality and frequency of use etc.
4. Ensures that all material requirements are met through the interface of partner work management processes.
5. Supports material stock replenishment with an emphasis on campaign and turnaround activities and also ensures day to day urgent material requirements are prioritized and met.
6. Contributes in codification of materials master data as well as creates and maintains master data.
7. Plans and prepares materials for shipment.
8. Interfaces with Warehouse Service Provider to understand their processes including, receipt, goods receipt quality inspection, picking for shipment, containerization and manifesting and stock checking.
9. Ensures timely turnaround of equipment after repair/refurbishment to make it more cost effective.
10. Promotes and encourages stock reduction strategies with an understanding of asset disposal procedures and sound inventory management principles.
11. Continuously influence the safety and environmental responsibility of all contractors and vendors.
• Training / Knowledge of materials and equipment commonly related to the large construction projects would be considered an asset.
• Training / Knowledge of environmental, health and safety processes and programs.
• Training / Knowledge of QA /QC practicesOracle – ERP.
• Minimum 10 years related industry experience with at least 5 years’ experience in supply chain activities.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in use of computerized systems controlling business processes, e.g. materials management, purchasing or maintenance.
• Microsoft Office; Proficiency in Excel and Power point.
• Exhibit a strong ability and willingness in meeting deadlines.
• Highly numerate, with strong business acumen and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Effective interpersonal, motivational and influencing skills.
• Promote the highest standards of conduct
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Effective Meetings Meeting Deadlines Microsoft Office
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Engineering; Transportation; Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Rail was established as a direct result of the vision of His Highness The Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. It is one of a number of transformational projects that aim to continue the progression of Qatar into an advanced country capable of sustaining its development and providing a high standard of living for its entire people by 2030. The implementation of this great vision has begun and the national development plan is on track to fulfill the nation’s dream.
Qatar Rail will be the owner and manager of Qatar’s rail network and will be responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the entire rail network and systems.
The Qatar Rail Programs are a major national endeavor for the State of Qatar, and we at Qatar Rail are in partnership with international and local companies to bring the visionary programs to life.
The planned integrated national rail network will unify all rails in Qatar and will connect Qatar’s Rail network to neighboring countries to create the region’s first fully integrated rail system. By combining traditional elements with state-of-the art modern features, these programs will create the region’s most comfortable, reliable, and safe railway system.
We aim to develop a sustainable system which will realize our national dream and create a new business sector for Qatar.