Merchandiser - Payless
Payless was founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kansas, in the United States. Some 50 years later, Payless serves millions of customers - women, men and children -- through its powerful network of more than 4,500 stores, which are located in a variety of retail settings. Payless is in all 50 U.S. states, as well as in Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Central America, the Caribbean, South America and now, in partnership with Alshaya, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, with future plans to expand across the Middle East in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.
Payless customers will enjoy such well recognized brands as Airwalk(R), American Eagle, Smartfit(R), and the Disney collection including shoes and accessories featuring Hannah Montana, Dora the Explorer, Spider-Man and Cars. Also available at the new stores are Payless Designer Collections with hot-off-the-runway looks from New York fashion designers Lela Rose with Lela Rose for Payless; Stacey Bendet with the alice + olivia for Payless; and Laura Poretzky with the Abaeté for Payless designer label.
A Merchandiser plans stock/intake requirements to meet the budgeted sales. A Merchandiser also manages the range building and selection/buying process of ranges, maintaining gross profit on purchases and net profile on sales in line with overall business expectations.
- Assist with business planning & ongoing planning of merchandise & forecasting of sales, subsequently accountable for sales/margin measurement.
- Decide product procurement through host brand range reviews or direct negotiation, including in season buys.
- Assess store execution of merchandising plans, recommend optimum space management options (where applicable) based on store trends/category sales performance.
- Recommend retail pricing levels, decide sale lines and mark down percentage strategy.
- Develop relationships with internal/external contacts, & assess appropriate & critical information.
- Coach & monitor performance of merchandise team within brand team.
- Manage/maintain stock file accuracy on auditable element.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.