Merchandiser is responsible for planning the stock intake requirements with the host partner to meet the budgeted sales. A Merchandiser is accountable for achieving his planned gross sales margins and/or net profit on sales in line with overall business expectations.
- Manage Business planning & ongoing planning of merchandise & forecasting of sales, subsequently accountable for sales / margin measurement.
- Decide product procurement through host brand range reviews or direct negotiation, including in season buys.
- Assess store execution of merchandising plans, recommend optimum space management options based on store trends / category sales performance.
- Recommend retail pricing levels, decide sale lines & mark down percentage strategy.
- Develop relationships with internal/ external contacts, and assess appropriate & critical information.
- Coach & monitor performance of merchandise team within brand.
- Identify /plan promotional events, & deliver in consultation with Operations & VMs.
- Pro-actively utilize available software/ systems & identify improvements / requirements for further action.
- Manage / maintain stock file accuracy with a focus on auditable elements.
Skills & Experience:
- Passionate and Enthusiastic about our brand.
- Strong planning, forcasting and budgeting skills.
- Excellent financial and computer skills.
- Result focus and data oriented.
- Excellent level of English.
- Experience in managing a small team required.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Alshaya.