Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Music Sales Executive - Retail | OMASCO
About the business:
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman.
The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, Aftron, Yamaha Music Instruments, Hamilton Jet and ADNOC.
About the job:
We currently have an opening for an experienced Sales Executive, for our Music Sales and Services department.
The role will report to DM - Allied Brands &Watches of Omasco.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Maintain knowledge of products being handled and achieving set target for the designated products in the retail store
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs
- Handling cash, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits
- Maintain records related to sales
- Maintain an eye for detail and display
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise
- Handling Inventory stock and requisition new stock
- Receive and process cash or credit payment
- Ensure adherence to commercial rules of the business
To be successfully considered for the above position, candidates will possess the following attributes, knowledge and competencies:
- Diploma holder / Graduate
- Good Knowledge of Music and various musical instruments
- Hands-on experience playing musical instruments is a must
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- 3+ years in sales
- Self - assessment
- Willing to work under pressure
- Good communication and personality
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Merchandising
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.