- To carry out Non-Destructive Testing in the methods for which the technician is authorized as directed by the NDT Superintendent when required on components in or from the workshops and on aircraft at Base, Line and Outstation. This also applies to aircraft and aircraft components not owned or operated by Emirates as and when directed.
- Day to day running of NDT Laboratory equipment and systems, as directed by the NDT Supt ensuring they are maintained and operating as required.
- Assist other NDT staff as and when directed or required.
- To ensure all delegated NDT work is attended to as directed and that this is in the order of priority in relation to existing and future or planned work, the usual priorities being firstly Line aircraft then Base aircraft followed by Workshop components.
- To ensure that all delegated NDT work is carried out as specified by the manufacturer or as in other procedural documents.
- To ensure that NDT tooling and equipment calibration and maintenance has been carried out as and when required prior to use.
- To ensure that all required monitoring and testing of NDT processes as delegated is carried out and logged or recorded and when corrective action is necessary, the action is taken or if the corrective action can't be taken/taken promptly, inform the NDT Supt. Of situation.
- As and when directed by the NDT Supt, ensure future NDT requirements as indicated by the Manufacturer or EK Planning are examined to determine equipment and manpower needs.
- To follow existing NDT procedures and Emirates Engineering Procedures.
- As and when directed by the NDT Supt, examine existing procedures where it appears there is a need for change and when this need appears justified or necessary, write or suggest proposed change to NDT Supt.
- Assist less qualified or experienced staff in carrying out their duties.
- As and when directed by the NDT Supt, attend meetings or planning groups discussing aircraft maintenance tasks in which NDT is or maybe needed.
- To ensure good housekeeping and safe working practices are implemented at all times.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have served an apprenticeship in engineering
- Must have PCN Level 2, Aerospace, PT, MT (minimum) with minimum aviation NDT experience of 1 year or alternatively shall have ASNT Level 2, PT, MT (minimum) with a minimum aviation NDT experience of 2 years
- Shall be the holder of EK Engineering Authorizations, covering the above PCN/ASNT qualifications
- Must have a good command of English, particularly aviation technical English
- Must be able to pass an annual physical test as required by Engineering Procedures Manual
- Shall maintain his PCN/ASNT certification as required by EPM
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Airlines/Aviation; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.