Working on a shift basis, to undertake clinical duties with participants and to act as the personal “guide” to accompany participants as they proceed through their clinic visit.
Clinical duties will include:
Participant interviewing / history taking:
• Conducting face-to-face interview with participants and directly recording responses in a dedicated IT system
• Overseeing self-completion of touch-screen questionnaire by participants
• Being available at all times to address any questions that may arise.
• Undertake a panel of specified physical / clinical measurements and assessments on participants attending the Biobank Qatar clinic according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• In the first instance, the following clinical measurements will be required:
o Blood Pressure
o Height and weight measurements
o Body composition using a Tanita Body Composition analyser (bioimpedance)
o Bone densitometry and Whole Body Scan using an iDEXA scanner (undertaken by a qualified radiographer)
o Lung function tests including spirometry
o Blood sampling – phlebotomy skills required
o Urine sampling
o Saliva sampling
• Later further clinical measurements and tests may be added, but full training will be provided.
Key Result Areas:
1. Directly undertaking face-to-face interviews using dedicated IT systems or overseeing self-completion of questionnaire by participants (including explaining use of touch-screen questionnaire and being available at all times to address any questions that might arise);
2. Undertaking the specified clinical measurements and assessments on participants according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and to record the results in the dedicated clinic IT system;
3. To ensure that the participant experience is a positive one by the smooth running of the biometrics stations.
- Clinical nursing qualification or equivalent (e.g. BN, BSc. or RN) and registration / licensing in the State of Qatar
- Competent in phlebotomy
- The post holder will be expected to maintain appropriate continuing nurse education and development
- Excellent spoken, reading and written English
- IT literate
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.